At Premera , we do things a bit differently. As a nonprofit organization, our unique culture promotes individual development, fosters innovation, and rewards success! Our visionary spirit and personalized service make our company exceptional with a unique value proposition, built on a strong local presence and national capabilities. Join us, and feel good about working collaboratively to promote health and provide peace of mind for our members.
The Senior HR Business Partner plays an important role in shaping Premera’s growth and transformation by providing guidance and counsel on human capital issues to the supported division’s management team. The incumbent in this position is the primary point of contact for all HR Initiatives and needs of their client group(s) and works with all levels including SMG and EMG members. As a key member of the HR Consulting team the SR. BP provides HR leadership and consultation to influence the organization to operate in alignment with Premera’s mission, vision, values and culture while supporting the improvement of organizational performance. The Senior HR Business Partner is a strong business and systems thinker, requires independent judgment and decisiveness and has the ability to analyze and synthesize data in order to provide solutions that get business results.
1. Identifies key organizational and human capital issues, outlines strategic alternatives and recommends action plans to division executives and other management in order to improve business results.
2. Designs and provides strategic consulting on organizational change efforts that support business goals.
3. Supports the management team in developing and implementing effective organizational design and structures, talent and retention strategies, reward and recognition initiatives, and performance management efforts for meeting business objectives.
4. Provides management coaching to build leadership capabilities and resolve associate issues.
5. Performs problem analysis and resolution. Collect business unit data to identify trends. Evaluates and distills analysis and prepares interpretation of the data for customers to improve decision making regarding their workforce.
6. Proactively maintains a high level of business knowledge of client group(s), Premera and the industry.
7. Partners successfully and seamlessly with other HR expert teams to conduct research in effective strategies and best practices, and recommend solutions.
8. Actively participates in rollout of company-wide HR initiatives and programs including performance management, leadership and management development, and workforce planning and development initiatives including talent reviews, manager and associate training, etc. for assigned division(s). Design department-specific strategies and solutions aligned with enterprise programs in order to close performance gaps.
9. Represents HR leadership to organization and models Premera’s values.
1. Bachelors Degree in Business, Human Resources, Organizational Development or equivalent work experience.
2. 10+ years experience in progressive business environment.
3. Five years Human Resource experience, preferably in a senior generalist role
4. Strong business acumen and a passion for HR as a key driver of business results.
5. Expert knowledge of current HR processes, practices, and employment law, as well as a solid understanding of all HR disciplines including recruiting and selection, management coaching, talent management , compensation and benefits, performance management, employee relations, people strategy planning and organizational effectiveness/development. Proven track record in utilizing this knowledge to plan and implement effective human resources intervention to business problems.
6. Strong analytical and decision making skills and the ability to produce and derive positions and recommendations from varied data sources. Competent in use of data sources and tools, including HRIS systems and Excel
7. Experience diagnosing organizational issues and proposing strategic solutions, introducing change and fostering a positive corporate culture. Hands-on experience in developing and consulting on change management strategies
8. Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking, problem solving and independent judgment to complex and difficult issues.
9. Strong ability to take initiative and manage multiple projects successfully in a fast-paced and changing environment.
10. Demonstrated success in consulting effectively with senior level management, the ability to influence others without direct position power, and to earn credibility and client trust.
11. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to relay complex concepts in relatable terms.
12. Proven ability to effectively facilitate large groups. Excellent presentation skills
13. Proven skill in the operation and utilization of software such as Microsoft Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Additional Qualifications Preferred:
1. MBA or Professional Certification, e.g., SPHR
2. Management experience
3. Experienced in operating in a matrix organization
This position was posted on behalf of our client by Another Source.
Premera Blue Cross - 2 years ago
It's no mistake that Premera sounds an awful lot like premier. Premera Blue Cross is a leading health care coverage provider to 1.5...