Petroleum Field Services, LLC is currently hiring an
Accounting Manager to Join Our Team in Denver, CO
PFS is a rapidly growing mid-sized company providing a variety of field services to major and independent oil and gas exploration companies throughout the Rocky Mountain region. Our clients are upstream and midstream operators in Colorado, Wyoming, Kansas, North Dakota and Montana and we have offices in several of these locations. We are guided by our vision of “Helping America Achieve Energy Independence”. Our people are the reason for our success and we work together to achieve excellence in everything we do. Our rapid growth and continuing success has created an opportunity for a new position, an Accounting Manager. The requirements of the position are set forth in the Job Description below.
Summary: The Accounting Manager will provide strategic leadership to the company by working with the President/CEO and Department Managers in all areas of financial reporting. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager will manage the Accounting Department and will report directly to the President/CEO.
- Lead and coordinate tasks necessary to achieve the organization’s mission, core values and help execute the organization’s growth plans
- Obtain and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Train, cross-train and develop the Accounting Department team on accounting and financial management matters; ensure that the financial record systems are kept in accordance with standard accounting practices, and monitor the use of all funds
- Work with Department Managers to develop and execute operating budgets
- Oversee the management and coordination of financial reporting activities including organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports
- Monitor significant deviations from budgets and report to management
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Establish and maintain good banking relationships; ensure adequate cash flow to meet operational needs
- Oversee Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable and ensure timely receipts and payments
- Assist in the design, implementation and timely calculations of wage incentives, commissions and salaries for the staff
- Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets
- Coordinate all financial reporting with the company’s CPAs, tax return preparation and any requested reviews or audits
- Work with direct reports to establish personal and department goals; monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of the team.
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of a BS with an emphasis in Finance; an MBA is a plus
- An experienced leader with at 5+ years of broad financial experience as an Accounting Manager with fast growing for-profit companies
- Demonstrated excellence in managing finance, accounting, budgeting, control and reporting
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting the strategic vision into an operating model
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service orientation. A team player who is committed to long-term growth of the organization and the staff
- A hands-on manager with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic, mission-driven, successful environment
- An effective communicator with strong oral and written skills
The work environment characteristics here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- Compensation: Starting Salary of $65,000 plus possible incentive plans*
- Medical benefits provided immediately
- 401(k) plan after 6 months employment
- Submit a resume only if you substantially meet the Essential Duties and Education/ Experience requirements
- Submit a cover letter and resume via our resume upload at: http://petro-fs.com/about/pfs-careers/
- Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests
Indeed - 20 months ago