Tenet, through its subsidiaries, owns and operates acute care hospitals and numerous related health care services. Our mission is to be recognized for our commitment to our people and partners who provide quality, innovative care to the patients we serve in our communities. It's a spirit you can experience first-hand and it's a philosophy that can enhance your own approach to health care and your career goals.
The Pharmacy & Medication Safety Director assists the Chief Medical Officer/Senior Vice President, Clinical Quality and the Vice President, Patient Safety and Clinical Risk Management, in the development and implementation of all clinical pharmacy initiatives within Tenet.
This position provides support to the Tenet Healthcare pharmacy directors through leadership, organizational support and corporate accountability for the identification, evaluation and implementation of enterprise-wide clinical Pharmacy programs and practices related to the formulary and drug utilization management, best practices and regulatory compliance.
Essential areas of oversight and responsibility include ensuring that safe pharmaceutical practices and medication management are reflected in policies and procedures as well as in daily practices system wide. Safe medication management is achieved through several means such as the evaluation of individually reported medication events, analysis of events by therapeutic class, compliance with the federal and state and accreditation standards/regulations, development of system wide initiatives that will improve medication administration (and the reduction of adverse drug events) and the identification of opportunities to reduce pharmaceutical costs either system wide or at individual facilities. This position will be based in Tenet Headquarters in Dallas and partner with various key departments and committees system wide to assure safe and effective outcomes in medication management. Some travel will be required (e.g., education, hospital site visits, etc.).
- Doctorate in Pharmacy (Pharm.D). from an accredited college (or equivalent)
- Ten years of hospital pharmacy and director experience
- Completion of post-doctoral residency at an American Society of Pharmacy (accredited program preferred)
- Possess excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Working knowledge and understanding of computer software applications, specifically MS Word, excel, access and power point
- Three years' experience in a large multi-hospital setting (preferred)
- Previous experience as a Director of Pharmacy in a hospital setting (preferred)
- Extensive experience in regulatory and compliance standards related to medication safety and use, Centers for Medicare Services, Joint Commission, state department of health, state quality improvement organizations (QIOs) and other regulatory and accrediting bodies is mandatory.
Primary Location: TX-Dallas
Hospital/Facility: 979-Dallas, Texas
Job Type: MGR
Shift Type: Exempt 80 Hour Pay Period
Tenet Healthcare - 3 years ago
Tenet Healthcare Corporation is one of the largest investor-owned health care delivery systems in the nation.
• 80 hospitals