The Business Intelligence Solutions Developer will be a member of the BI-COE (Business Intelligence - Center of Excellence). The BI-COE will partner with the DI – COE (Data Integration COE) and the IA (Information Architecture COE) in designing and developing information solutions that maximize utility of information to provide insight into target business initiatives. The BI Developer will be responsible for end-to-end solution design of BI information capabilities to support First Horizon business initiatives. Additionally, the developer will be responsible for participating in the design of the underlying enterprise BI architecture and governance programs. The BI COE will also act as a resources center to put forth best practices of BI implementations, BI methodologies and standard artifacts, UI style guides, training, project forecasting models and continued education.
The selected candidate will have the following responsibilities:
• Play a leadership role in the BI framework architecture and methodology that will be used in enabling BI solutions at First Horizon
• Provide proven expertise in architecture and implementation of the Cognos BI products, including the development and delivery of impactful BI solutions
• Design and maintain a solutions architecture that is repeatable for future BI solutions
• Drive the end-to-end solution design for BI business initiatives
In addition, the selected candidate will be responsible for
• Influencing the direction of First Horizon's Enterprise Information Management efforts
• Assisting in data governance across all key information domains
• B.S degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 8-10+ years of experience with a proven track record in implementing BI solutions.
• Significant experience with data management, data warehousing, and analytics.
• Deep experience designing and leveraging star schemas, third normal form schemas, drill-thru reports, cubes, and metadata.
• A broad knowledge of the entire technology stack, application, data, application infrastructure, and business architecture.
• Knowledge and experience in COGNOS 8.x or above on Windows Server including: Framework Manager, Transformer, Report Studio, Cognos Connection, Event Studio, Metric Studio, Analysis Studio.
• Deep performance engineering (SQL design, analysis & tuning) experience with Cognos reports, Framework Manager models.
• Experience in leveraging Cognos Security and the Software Development Kit (SDK) to customize reports and Web-based GUIs.
• Strong analytic, problem solving, communication and collaboration skills.
• Proven ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects/tasks under various deadline pressures.
• Ability to identify, manage, and escalate risks to be able to influence project scope and timelines when necessary.
• Excellent communication and written skills in English are required. The position will be in a team environment that will require direct interfacing with partners/internal customers, so good presentation skills and comportment are required.
• Familiarity with various DBMS platforms, including Oracle, Microsoft SQL and DB2
• An advanced degree in Computer Science, a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
• Experience in SQL, data modeling and dimensional modeling (OLAP) techniques.
• Cognos 10.x experience.
• Cognos Insight experience.
• Familiarity with other BI and analytical tools/platforms, including Microsoft SQL Reporting, SAP/BO/Crystal Reporting, SAS, Hyperion Essbase.
• A solid understanding of SOA technologies, tools, and governance.
In order to be successful in this position, it is essential that candidates not only meet the professional qualifications outlined above, but that they have the right natural abilities and operating styles compatible with First Horizon’s distinctive FirstPower corporate culture. Accordingly, the right candidates for this position should also have the following qualities:
• Strategic thinker - Has the ability to think about IT and systems from a strategic perspective. Can identify and trace business drivers down to reference models.
• Stays current - Keeps up with trends in information technologies, methodologies and capabilities to keep the organization informed on where it is headed with respect to the industry.
• Collaborative - Has good collaboration skills, capable of engaging business consumers of information to elicit good requirements and set and manage reasonable expectations. Builds, maintains and enhances effective customer and user relationships.
• Communication skills - Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to coordinate and work with teams of disparate expertise. Good at communicating with less technical project core team as well as with architects from various disciplines.
• Delivery- Stays on top of details. Has updated knowledge of where the team is at all times. Commitment to excellence in delivery. History of attention to detail and self-motivation.
First Horizon - 2 years ago
First Horizon National Corporation is a premier financial services company with a long history of success and traditions dating back to...