Working closely with Methodist's Graduate Medical Education (GME) office and attending physicians, the Residency Coordinator supports the program directors, the faculty, and the Residents by coordinating administrative functions for residency training programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Works with Program Directors, the departmental administrator, and the residents to facilitate all aspects of the Residency training program. This may include some public relations and/or efforts to improve the facilities or services available for the Residents.
2) Coordinates all administrative aspects of the residency program.
3) Coordinates and schedules all aspects of conferences, including presenters, audio/visual equipment, and meals and/or refreshments.
4) Implements department policies pertaining to house staff. As delegated, represents Chairman of Department on program administrative matters.
5) Maintains Residency databases and provides reports on Residents' educational experiences and performance of duties on a regular basis.
6) Prepares reports on operative procedures as needed for Program Directors, the departmental annual report and web site, the Methodist GME office, and the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) Residency Review Committee (RRC).
7) Assists with data collection for the Residency accreditation reviews. Assists in data collection for questionnaires or medical record-based research projects.
8) Maintains an up-to-date database of faculty and resident publications, grants, presentations, and awards.
9) Updates operative statistics, publications, grants, and residency information on the department's web site on a regular basis.
10) Serves on the Graduate Medical Education Committee (GMEC) and other designated department committees.
Bachelor's degree in Business or Healthcare Administration required; graduate degree preferred. Equivalent experience accepted in lieu of graduate degree.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in the coordination of residency training programs in the United States.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
Flexibility with regard to work hours is required; attendance at early morning conferences or weekend/evening sessions may be required.
Familiarity with medical anatomy and terminology is desirable, but not mandatory.
Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with residents, faculty, medical students, and peers, as well as the ability to establish strong professional working relationships within the various educational support departments.
Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
Normal indoor controlled office environment.
Houston Methodist - 17 months ago