The individual will report directly to the Interiors Leader and will work with project teams on hospitality, corporate interiors, housing, healthcare, and senior living market sector projects from design through construction. The individual will maintain a strong focus on FF&E and will support the project teams based on an ability to compile thorough interiors specifications and budgets for the FF&E scope. Additional tasks include space planning, design concept presentations (physical & digital), programming, millwork detailing, hard surface finish selection, and the creation of thorough construction documents for interiors. It is helpful if the candidate already has good existing relationships with Bay Area vendors and national manufacturers.
• The ideal candidate will have at least 5-10 years of relevant experience in interior design, strong space planning skills, knowledge of interiors-related building codes (including regional code/ADA issues), and experience in successfully presenting to clients. In addition, the candidate needs to possess an advanced knowledge of finishes and furnishings in the marketplace, and to understand the stylistic appropriateness of certain pieces depending on the themes in our projects. Awareness of key design trends is important. The candidate will take the lead in organizing and updating the Materials Library, as well as in maintaining vendor relationships.
• Strong technical skills including proficiency with AutoCAD and Revit required.
• Excellent Photoshop skills are required (such as when used to create fully rendered interior elevations).
• The candidate must exhibit some mastery of functions within excel spreadsheets for managing project budgets.
• Knowledge of other elements in Adobe Creative Suite, 3D Max, Sketch-up, and other related design-software programs is a plus.
• LEED accreditation is desirable.
• Candidates with a Masters or Bachelor of Architecture, Interior Design, or equivalent are invited to apply.
If you would like to join a dynamic, energized, innovative and collaborative environment, where your ideas will be heard and your skills challenged, send your cover letter, resume and salary history as one file ( Adobe PDF preferred but Word is acceptable) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “SFO – Interior Designer - FF&E Specialist” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Perkins Eastman is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the Federal E-Verify program. EOE/M/F/D/V