Monitors the design documents and construction installations of assigned projects to assure conformance with approved specifications, submittals and contract drawings.
This job is not a permanent position with Haskell - but a great opportunity to expand your skills & knowledge on an exciting project. Relocation will not be covered - local hire is preferred.
- Experience working on the Camp Lejeune Base in North Carolina helpful but not required.
- CQM Certification is required and must be maintained during project
- Local hire for project duration
- Implement the "Three Phase of Control" plan for each definable feature of work (DFOW) and notify the Contracting Officer as required by contract, in advance of each Preparatory and Initial Phase meeting. Submit respective checklists to the Contracting Officer the next business day.
- Coordinate scheduling with Haskell's on-site CMQC Manager for applicable DFOW meetings, inspections and testing.
- Assist Haskell's on-site CMQC Manager in facilitating Preparatory and Initial Meeting for each DFOW to define quality standards and planned Inspection procedures and interpret specification and drawing requirements.
- Ensure that no construction begins before the Designer of Record (DOR) has finalized the design for that segment of work, and construction submittals are approved as required.
- Inspect construction progress daily for all work and rework, using approved QC specialists as applicable, to ensure its compliance with technical construction documents and contract requirements.
- Maintain rework log on site, noting dates deficiency identified, and date corrected.
- Ensure that design and construction submittals are reviewed and approved, as required by the contract, prior to allowing material on site and work to proceed with these items.
- Prepare daily QC Reports which are thorough, logically structured, well written, concise and distributed to all appropriate parties in a timely manner.
- Ensure that Contractor Production Reports are prepared daily.
- Hold QC meetings as required with the Commissioning Authority, DOR (or representative), Superintendent and the Contracting Officer; participation shall be suitable for the phases of work being performed. Distribute minutes of these meetings.
- Update As-built drawings weekly maintaining up-to-date set on site. Maintain a subcontractor As-Built sign off log.
- Ensure that all testing is performed in accordance with the contract. Review all test reports.
- Assist Haskell's on-site CMQC Manager in coordinating, schedule & assure that all applicable tests, special inspections, and observations required by the contract are performed.
- Perform Punch-out and participate in Pre-final and Final Inspections. Correct all deficiencies prior to the Final Inspection.
- Retain a copy of approved submittals at project site.
- Acquires detailed knowledge of technical construction documents including drawings, specifications and approved submittal data for each assigned DFOW.
HASKELL is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace.
- Professional degree in discipline from an accredited college/university or 5 years of combined experience as a Superintendent, QC Manager, Project Manager, or Project Engineer on similar size and type construction contracts, and at least 5 years' experience as a QC Manager.
- Complete the course "Construction Quality Management (CQM) for Contractors" and shall maintain a current certificate.
- Familiar with requirements of USACE EM 385-1-1, and experience in the areas of hazard.
- Identification and safety compliance.
- Participates in assigned preconstruction conferences to define quality standards and inspection procedures.
- Inspects construction progress at scheduled intervals.
- Interfaces with client's quality control personnel. Provides direction to ensure compliance with testing, inspection procedures and results to on site Quality Assurance inspectors.
- Travel and other tasks as required per project.
The Haskell Company - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -
• Founded in 1965 by Preston H. Haskell
• Construction, Design (Architecture, Engineering, Process) and Program Management...