The Blackboard Professional Education (ProEd) Team targets corporations, government agencies, associations, and for-profit educational institutions to drive the adoption of the Blackboard suite of products. Blackboard ProEd Solutions are deployed around the world and are used to create continuous learning environments that provide diverse and dynamic professional education to employees. The successful candidate will have experience in these industries and have the ability to express the value of Blackboard products that are used to transform employee learning, training and development experiences.
Blackboard is looking for an Inside Sales Representative (ISR) to build and support the rapidly growing business of the Professional Education Solutions team. This position will be responsible for processing and developing leads in an assigned territory, implementing territory and marketing plans that meet goals, drive new business to RSMs, and have a focus on building relationships with current and future accounts. The inside Sales Manager will use sales skills and extensive product knowledge to drive territory expansion.
The Inside Sales Representative (ISR) will play an integral role in the success of the group. Specifically s/he will be responsible to:
- Work with ProEd partners such as SalesForce.com to jointly identify leads and pursue opportunities and secure contracts with prospects and clients according to assigned quota schedule.
- Identify, contact, track and drive new business with defined results
- Perform prospecting activities and lead management activities including cold calling, inbound calls, email follow-up, and opportunity development
- Work with the Regional Sales Managers on pipeline growth activities
- Collaborate on territory planning and sales activities with the RSM(s)
- Maintain accurate activity and account information in SalesForce.com.
- Participate in campaign development and follow-up with appropriate individuals from Marketing
- Drive attendance to various Blackboard sponsored events and staff conferences as required
- Report on market trends and competition to appropriate individuals
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency in all Blackboard Academic Suite products/services and must be able to speak intelligently when discussing other Blackboard Product offerings.
- Consistently communicate with other members of your team.
- Generate accurate forecast reports on a consistent basis.
- Utilize Solution Selling Methodology to effectively navigate the sales cycle.
- Bachelors degree
- Minimum 2 years of direct Inside Sales/Account Management/or Sales Support experience required.
- Strong prospecting skills a must; ability to identify/qualify and manage new sales opportunities in a structured/documented fashion.
- Applicable experience within the Computer Software sector required.
- Ability to work in a broadly defined sales team, leveraging resources from across the company including Services, Sales Engineering, and Customer Support.
- Able to quickly develop an understanding of the e-learning solutions and knowledge to communicate effectively appropriate solutions to current and potential customers.
- Proven ability to effectively manage internal and external client relationships.
- Ability to use initiative in identifying, addressing and resolving day to day issues and challenges.
- Must have the ability to adapt in fast paced environment and wear ‘multiple hats’. Excellent time management skills.
- Strong, positive attitude and work ethic desired; high level of enthusiasm.
- Exemplary high standards of customer service, honesty, integrity and endeavor.
- Disciplined and ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Candidate must be based in Washington DC metro area.
- Proven successful track record in achieving and exceeding sales/prospecting quotas on a regular basis.
- Experience within the B2B Software sector preferred.
- Travel requirements: 20 to 25%. Must be able to travel several times a year to regional training events, scope meetings, and conferences.
Blackboard - 10 months ago
Chalk up Blackboard's success to the Internet. Blackboard develops software that lets schools create Internet-based learning programs...