We are currently seeking an energetic and upbeat Part Time Hospital Sharps Service Specialist to proactively exchange filled Sharps containers in major medical facilities (hospitals, and other large volume medical customers). The Sharps Service Specialist will service all areas of the hospital, and safely cart and consolidate exchanged containers for transport by Stericycle Route Managers.
The hospital being serviced is St. Elizabeth Regional Medical Center. This is a part time job with hours approximately 20 hours per week.
Must be comfortable working in all areas of the hospital to access the location(s) of our Sharps Containers (ER, Trauma, Patient Rooms, etc), and must be able to maintain a strong work pace for extended periods of time a time. Must be able to lift heavy containers and pull heavy carts while on your feet throughout the course of each day.
Hospital Sharps Service Specialists will have attributes of a motivated self-starter that are able to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team. Must demonstrate strong communication skills, and provide superior customer service in a variety of settings and situations to effectively meet customer’s needs. Candidates must be customer-focused individuals capable of building customer loyalty throughout the hospital.
The Sharps Service Specialists are an integral component of the Stericycle Sharps Management Service. To be a part of a healthcare industry leader, please review the requirements below and apply today!!!
The Stericycle Sharps Management Service has successfully provided safe, environmentally friendly and cost-effective sharps management services to major medical facilities since 1986. The Stericycle Sharps Management Service is a proactive service that helps customers improve employee safety and control the cost of doing business while protecting and preserving the environment.
- Education equivalent to graduation from high school or the equivalent in related work experience, demonstrating strong communication skills and superior service.
- Two or more years of industry related experience, or the equivalent in related work experience required. Two or more years of service experience with prior experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and with little supervision.
- Position requires extensive lifting, walking, bending, and pushing. Must be able to lift up to 55 pounds and push and/or pull carts weighing as much as 500 pounds
- Flexible schedule and availability to work varied shifts, weekends and overtime as needed
- Must possess reliable transportation to visit customer locations. Most locations will require a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to access customer locations throughout an assigned geography. Travel varies in frequency and duration.
At Stericycle, we understand that our employees work hard, so we offer an affordable, comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our full time employees. Our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, synergy, commitment and partnership. We’re committed to an environment where people can grow and develop and where innovative ideas and new approaches are valued.
Stericycle, Inc. is engaged in the management of regulated waste and providing an array of related services. The Company operates in the...