Supervise and assure the daily and monthly reports generate by Inventory Control are accurate and issue on a timely bases.
Assist in assigned operational functions within the department consistent with the strategic plan and vision for the department, the division, and the Hotel.
Assist the Inventory Control Manager in monitoring fiscal budget, operations of assigned department(s) and marketing strategies to produce both short term and long term profitability for the Hotel.
Provides input into the research, development, evaluation and implementation of new products, services, technology and processes to ensure the Hotel’s competitive position and in anticipation of changing customer needs within the dynamic hospitality and gaming environment.
Manages Human Resources responsibilities for assigned department(s) to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment; adherence to the company’s status quo third party representation philosophy; compliance with company policies, legal requirements and collective bargaining agreements.
List key operational responsibilities (5-8) in descending order of importance.
Insure all reports are meaningful and accurate and issue on a timely bases
Maintain all files that pertain to the accuracy of reports that are issue by Inventory Control (recipes files, butcher test, etc. on the inventory purchasing system (Stratton Warren)
Physical Inventory in Warehouse and Bars.
Assist in reconcile all assign balance sheet accounts
Review daily reports issue by inventory control
Account for all items issues and transfer going in and out of the designated areas
Potential Sale and Cost analysis.
Analysis high movement and high cost items
Conduct butcher yield test, portion control inspection, and menu cost
Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude and ability to deal effectively with guests, management, employees and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Able to frequently move freely about the office, sit for long periods and withstand various activities such as frequent walking, standing, bending.
- Maintain manual dexterity to access computer via computer keyboard and operate office equipment, such as telephones, copiers, fax machine, etc.
- Able to access all areas of the facility and travel off property when representing the property
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Have a working knowledge of computer software to include MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet applications.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International
- 2 years ago - save job
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...