Dewberry is currently seeking a full time Site Civil Project Engineer in our Lanham, MD office. The Project Engineer will perform a variety of civil engineering functions in support of a growing, multi-disciplinary group. The Project Engineer must be flexible, technologically savvy and client focused.
The work required by the Project Engineer is diverse and ranges from general civil engineering duties to technical work that requires strong capabilities in AutoCAD, Carlson Civil Suite, MS Excel, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access and Adobe Acrobat. The Project Engineer will also be required to learn and become proficient in Dewberry engineering practices and standards, and other Dewberry-specific software programs.
Previous experience with Prince George’s County Maryland is preferred
Required Skills & Required Experience:
- BS degree in Civil Engineering or Landscape Architecture.
- PE or RLA in the State of Maryland preferred but not required.
- 4+ years of experience directly related to design and construction of land development projects in Prince George’s County and the Washington DC Metro area.
- Supports Practice Leads and Management.
- Responsible for the project design.
- Meets project and client deadlines.
- Works in a timely fashion to meet project budgets.
- Prepares graphics, exhibits, and site/civil construction plans.
- Reviews design work and site construction plans.
- Communicates effectively with clients, coworkers, sub consultants, and county/agency review staff.
- Composes technical reports, memorandums and other written communication such as email.
- Handles multiple concurrent projects.
- Leads and facilitates civil engineering design staff.
- Other duties as required
*Dewberry is an equal opportunity employer.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.