Performs a variety of heavy cleaning tasks to maintain patient rooms, offices, hallways and other assigned areas of the hospital. Performs cleaning and floor refinishing functions following established protocols to achieve quality standards and facility objectives. Knowledgeable with and able to operate a variety of floor care equipment and other necessary tools, products and supplies. Gathers and disposes of trash and waste materials. Duties/assignments may change upon the needs of the building. In performance of all duties, must promote the philosophy, programs, and initiatives of GlobalRehab Hospital at Scottsdale Healthcare.
1. Performs routine maintenance of hard surface and carpeted floors in corridors, offices, patient rooms, therapy gym, common areas, and other assigned areas. Operates burnishers, light and deep carpet extractors, sweepers, mops, vacuums and other necessary tools, products and supplies.
2. Cleans rooms and offices. Spot cleans walls, windows and polishes work surfaces.
3. Gathers and disposes trash, waste and recycling materials. Removes dirty linen from patient care areas.
4. Performs special cleaning such as shampooing of upholstered furniture, washing of ceilings, lights and window vents.
5. Assists in cleaning of emergency spills.
6. Moves furniture and other heavy objects as required. May be assigned to transport equipment, furniture and supplies throughout the hospital.
7. Assists with meeting room setup and clean up at the end of scheduled meetings.
8. May be assigned to linen room duties and dirty linen removal throughout the hospital.
9. Assists with project work, as assigned.
10. Inspects cleaning equipment and performs scheduled preventative maintenance according to regulatory requirements.
11. Adheres to all GlobalRehab at Scottsdale Healthcare’s Human Resources policies and procedures.
12. Performs all duties as assigned or requested.
High School Diploma or GED requried. Minimum 1 year experience in floor care. Speaks and understands English. Knowledge of how to stripe, wax and burnish floors with minimal to no assistance. Knowledge of operating various pieces of equipment necessary to effectively perform job functions, such as rotos, buffers, strippers, vacuums, stain removal equipment.