Maintain, develop and increase automotive advertising sales in interactive classified product lines in an assigned territory or classification, consistently meeting and exceeding sales objective. Responsible for providing excellent service.
- Sell online automotive advertising programs and other interactive-related services providing information and service to current and potential advertisers, convincing them to advertise in Courant products, overcoming objections and closing contractual agreements.
- Provide support to the Classified department as a whole and to other departments (such as advertising and marketing) to assure overall success of the Classified department. Communicate with sales manager to keep him/her informed of activity in the assigned territory or classification.
- Assist management in developing, selling and/or overseeing special projects such as new electronic products or related products.
- Provide information and consultation services to advertisers based on knowledge of the Hartford market, Courant product lines, Courant processes and procedures, and the World Wide Web to assure success of the businesses, thereby increasing revenues for The Courant.
- Perform various additional duties relating to the classified and advertising departmental objectives when and if required.
- Four-year college degree with emphasis on marketing, business or communication or equivalent preferred
- At least four years’ sales experience, preferably in an electronic environment.
- Excellent communication skills and excellent knowledge of sales techniques; creative and analytic ability to use information such as demographics and research to make effective and persuasive verbal, written or electronic sales presentations.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to concentrate on priorities under deadline pressure.
- Demonstrated success at achieving sales goals.
- Must be proficient in the use of computers, with experience in PC/Windows environment, Microsoft Office and a thorough understanding of the World Wide Web and Internet.