RailsDog is looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails developer to work remotely from home. You will be working on client work related to the Spree e-commerce platform as well as other Ruby on Rails projects. |
RailsDog is the creator of Spree and is actively building Spree sites and improving the Spree project itself on behalf of its many e-commerce clients. The company also employs several of the Spree core members and contributors.
This is a great opportunity to work for a company that is passionate about open source projects and working with clients to help them achieve their goals.
Full-Time Employees of the company receive paid vacation, personal time, health insurance, and a retirement plan with a company match.
Additional Experience a Plus:
- 2+ years minimum working with Ruby on Rails, prior experience with Spree is not required
- Experience with Test Unit frameworks such as RSpec
- Knowledge of software best practices, like test driven development and continuous integration
- Experience with version control systems such as SubVersion or Git
- Experience with Agile development techniques
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Solid teamwork and communication skills - must be a team-player and self starter
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work efficiently and to tight deadlines
*Remote candidates residing outside the United States will not be considered for the position.
- Previous open source experience is preferred, please provide us with your github user name
- Experience working with Agile Methodologies, such as Extreme Programming (XP) and Scrum
- Experience with MySql/NoSQL/MongoDB
- Knowledge of RoR deployment with tools such as Capistrano
- Experience with Backbone.js
Railsdog LLC a DirectNorth Company - 9 months ago