Senior Database Administrator
MobiTV is looking for a Senior Database Administrator who wants to put their knowledge and experience to work building a database infrastructure which is the core of a new frontier. We’re building applications which deliver TV to PC’s and mobile devices and we need someone who can drive our backend systems to evolve rapidly, support very high availability and perform with the efficiency necessary to support a system with over 2 million subscribers. When the going gets tough we need some serious DBA kung-fu to get us through the rough spots.
- Identification and resolution of hardware, software or database problems/outages in any of the MobiTV services.
- These responsibilities require 24x7 coverage and response to systems alerts during after-hour periods.
- Provide specific solutions and recommendations that make sure the system survives failures to the extent possible.
- Work closely with Systems Engineering to test planned databases upgrades, including definitions, structures, and/or documentation, as well as provide input into long-range database requirements and operational guidelines.
- You will work with Engineering to insure applications are making efficient use of our database resources.
- Use best operating practices to establish and maintain security and integrity controls.
- Formulate and monitor policies, procedures and standards relating to database management; propose and implement enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system; proactively research and locate necessary tools and processes to identify and proactively avert troublesome trends, as they develop in order to ensure a stable and high performance environment for the MobiTV production systems.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have the following attributes:
- Self-motivated and driven to find ways to improve systems in a demanding and fast paced environment
- Communication: Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team Player: Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills conducive to team development
- Technically Astute: Ability to perform needs assessment and handle technical objections
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years Oracle DBA experience, 5+ years in a 24/7/365 environment
- Must have Postgres experience
- Experience with highly available database solutions / architectures such as Oracle 10G RAC, MySQL Clustering & Oracle DataGuard.
- Experience designing and maintaining OLTP databases using Oracle and MySQL.
- Experience designing and maintaining data warehouse systems using Oracle.
- Excellent SQL and PL/SQL skills
- Strong SQL Programming, preferably Oracle with the ability to write complex SQL queries - understanding of views, stored procedures, triggers & an understanding of query optimization.
- Oracle Performance Tuning Experience.
- Experience working in secure enterprise database environments
- Experience with RMAN or other Oracle database backup technologies
- Experience performing a full restore to an Oracle database from tape. Disaster Recovery Experience.
- Strong Perl and Shell scripting
- Familiar and comfortable working in a Linux based database environment
- Experience with database layouts on high performance disk subsystems required
- 4-5 years of experience as MySQL DBA, including InnoDB.
- Knowledge of an Enterprise Reporting Suite like Crystal Reports or Actuate desired
MobiTV, Inc. (formerly known as Idetic, Inc.) is the first global television and radio network for the 2 billion mobile phone and handset...