Are you a talented, highly motivated Senior Oracle Developer looking for your next challenge? Are you interested in a position with an established company developing software for SMART GRID? Come join ALSTOM Grid in developing highly complex, mission critical real-time software solutions for the SMART GRID Energy Industry.
ALSTOM Grid – Network Management Solutions -
The Network Management Solutions group provides real-time information solutions for the efficient, reliable and secure operation of transmission and distribution infrastructures and markets. ALSTOM Grid Inc.
's Center of Excellence located in Redmond, Washington, is home to 450+ staff specializing in the design, development and implementation of energy management and market software and in the integration of automation and information systems for electric utilities, oil & gas and other automated industries. The Company also provides project management for complex turnkey systems and associated automation support and IT migration. The technology developed in Redmond, WA is the market's recognized worldwide leader in energy management and market software solutions.
Alstom is a world leading manufacturer of engineered solutions for electrical grid applications in utility and industry settings. The Group provides integrated and customized turnkey solutions such as alternating current and direct current substations, from medium up to ultra-high voltages. Alstom's solutions enable the efficient transmission of electricity and support the development of Smart Grids and Super grids.
ALSTOM Grid - Network Management Solutions has an opening for a
Senior Oracle Developer
in its Redmond, WA location. As
Senior Oracle Developer
, you will:
· Develop large-scale or highly complex database applications
· Be passionate about high quality and high performing technical solutions and you have a deep understanding of how the code will behave in production
· Always be looking for challenges and opportunities to improve the reliability, availability, efficiency and performance of extremely large and complex database applications.
· Divide your attention between several simultaneous tasks and prioritize work efforts with minimal impact
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop, design, and troubleshoot new and existing Oracle 11i interfaces, applications and extensions
• Create and maintain code, ensuring that your code adheres to the technical specifications and operational standards
• Program PL/SQL application components based on general design specifications
• Analyze and document root cause of defects or production support issues and implement appropriate solutions
• Troubleshoot code defects in the development, test, and production environments and implement appropriate solutions
• Work with the team to insure that the code developed has been thoroughly tested and verify quality of code, participating in peer reviews.
• Experienced in using tools like TOAD, SQL PLUS for design and development
• Develop solutions based on detailed designs provided.
• Develop end-to-end solutions, interfacing to or integrating with third party and custom systems
• Estimate the level of effort required to deliver assigned tasks
Alstom is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
· 6+ years Oracle database experience
· 2+ years Java experience is a plus
· 6+ years of experience developing Oracle PL/SQL database objects (packages, triggers, procedures, functions, views, sequences).
· 6+ years of experience with Oracle technologies (performance tuning like Explain plan, SQL tuning, etc.). Understand and interpret the reports generated from tools and action plan to overcome performance issues
· Excellent technical writing skills as it relates to documenting database design, upgrade and maintenance process and procedures
· Experience with creating and maintaining Development Database Environments as well as QA/Test.
· Proven ability to troubleshoot and trace data related issues throughout the architecture and in analyzing how Oracle resources are being used during SQL executions.
· Demonstrated ability to quickly learn, retain, and apply good interpersonal skills, and perform effectively under time pressure
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Proven ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with business partners as well as your team
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent MS Office skills
· Travel to customer sites 5%, when required
We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and flexible work options, as well as a uniquely diverse and unified team of professionals. Our culture supports an environment where employees can continuously learn and gain professional growth through education, exciting projects and career mobility. ALSTOM recognizes your achievements and excellent performance through various performance incentive, recognition and reward programs. Our commitment is to you, the employee.
Come work in an environment that is driven by integrity, innovation and visionary thinking. Join ALSTOM today, and energize your future!
Alstom is a global leader in the world of power generation, power transmission and rail infrastructure and sets the benchmark for innovative and environmentally friendly technologies. Alstom builds the fastest train and the highest capacity automated metro in the world, provides turnkey integrated power plant solutions and associated services for a wide variety of energy sources, including hydro, nuclear, gas, coal and wind, and it offers a wide range of solutions for power transmission, with a focus on smart grids. Our 93,000 employees rigorously apply the Alstom Code of Ethics and work closely with our community of stakeholders to deliver solutions and services that bear the label with Alstom. The Group had sales of $27.2 (20.3 euros) billion for the 2012/2013 fiscal year.
Alstom is an EOE of protected Veterans and individuals with Disabilities.
Alstom is a drug-free workplace.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected Veterans.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
Accommodations for Applicants with Disabilities
Alstom provides reasonable accommodations and/or assistance to applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans (including but not limited to other protected veterans and individuals with known physical and mental limitations). If you need a reasonable accommodation/assistance for any part of the application and/or hiring process, please contact Alstom’s Recruiting Department at
as the subject line) or call us at
. A Recruitment team member (available between 8:00 am – 5:00pm eastern time zone) will respond to all requests within three (3) business days to provide assistance and/or the information being sought. Hard of hearing or deaf individuals may contact Alstom Recruiting by utilizing the “711 dialing code for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS)” to contact Alstom’s Recruiting Department at
Alstom is all about speed and power. Alstom's Power segment is a world leader, providing boilers, turbines, air quality systems,...