responsible for delivery of testing services for the TAM Engineering group This role is expected to lead groups of related Engineering testing teams to successful delivery of testing projects in support of key organizational objectives. This role will also assist leadership in the Testing Center of Excellence including business unit initiatives such as Television Meter Data Collection, joint projects with clients such as Google and Microsoft, and development efforts to include encoders, audio/video technologies, and efforts in IPAD and Tablets. This testing group directly supports the collection and processing of data that eventually results in the Nielsen TV Ratings.
- Accountable for the testing services provided within their Testing & Validation (T&V) cost center
- Responsible for championing the testing capabilities and processes of their area.
- Responsible for hands-on leadership of team leads and testing teams, to meet project delivery commitments and to remove barriers to delivery success.
- Responsible for application understanding for their area and how the applications fit into the bigger Nielsen picture.
- Accountable for ensuring execution against project schedules and T&V standards and processes, using approved Nielsen tools including Quality Center, and ensuring the correct usage of testing frameworks
- Responsible for managing demand management and prioritization processes that ensure that the testing function is supporting the Job Jar process for that business unit.
- Responsible for resourcing activities in their area using Nielsen process including performing appropriate budget cost tracking and headcount tracking, tracking approvals, tracking capex vs expense, and making adjustments to the enterprise management system.
- Adherence to time tracking procedures for self and team, including the approval of time for team members.
- Assist in guiding testing wellness programs in their areas to improve the level and quality of test related processes and projects.
- Partner with Application/Development managers to ensure delivery on key projects.
- Responsible for the development of testing skills across the teams in their area.
- Support leadership in promoting the process and tools leveraged by the T&V organization outward to key partners and business stakeholders.
- Drives commitment to Testing & Validation team initiatives within their area.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with external and internal audits
- Active management of HR processes including performance reviews and merit/bonus activities
- Responsible for ether a large functional team or for a critical T&V function
- Displays expert-level knowledge and abilities in testing processes and techniques
- Responsible for driving the reduction of incidents in their vertical
- Responsible for ensuring that requirement processes are followed
- Create and maintain professional relationships with all key project and business stakeholders ensuring positive working relationships between T&V and others
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ year of experience leading testing teams or equivalent experience
- Experienced in setting up and managing automation projects
- Experience with engineering devices in a test lab environment
- Demonstrate knowledge of HP Quality Center
- Experienced in Unix and SQL
- Knowledge of HP QuickTest Professional (QTP) and/or Performance Center Working Knowledge
- Experience in hardware/software engineering or hardware encoding/decoding
- Strong negotiation skills to set priorities and establish commitment
- Ability to mentor and train testing team members in engineering environment
- Experience and understanding of test management and design techniques
- Experience in creating test strategies and plans
- Experience in effectively managing blended teams of FTE and Offshore resources.
- Demonstrates an ability to deliver on project commitments
- Recognized subject matter expert in the field with strong process background.
- Experience in implementing testing wellness programs.
- Knowledge of EPM (Enterprise Project Management) system
- Experience delivering test execution services in a large organization
- Industry knowledge of PCs, Macs, and Tablets
- Experience with hardware devices running embedded software
- Experience with broadcast audio or video and control systems,
- Experience with video compression or audio sampling techniques
- Knowledge of IT networking, Firewalls, RF, Fiber-Optics, MPEG-2 or H.264/MPEG-4
The Nielsen Company - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Do you know what consumers buy? What consumers watch? Nielsen Knows!
Nielsen is the world’s leading marketing and media information...