Ensure that applications meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues. Review and analyze existing applications effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems. Create, update, test, debug & provide support to enterprise operational and/or information systems including hands on development with 3rd party software to support claims/underwriting/finance/|
- Unit test and troubleshoot QA and production issues with business rules
- Provide support to project teams in defining and reviewing product and software requirements
- Plan and execute software engineering development projects, utilizing advanced software and hardware engineering principles.
- System design including external and internal interface definition and analysis
- Work on integration projects that involve Web-based applications, Web Services, XML and data integration
- Work closely with system users to provide guidance in the identification and resolution of user problems and concerns
- Work closely with the infrastructure group and drive application support requirements and issue resolution
- Lead and direct the work of others
- Focus on performance tuning, software patches, upgrades, troubleshooting, configuration, and end-user support
- Implement jobs in the enterprise batch scheduler
- Participate in code reviews, reviewing software changes
- Maintain all system documentation
- Requires occasional evening and/or weekend work for system patches/upgrades
- On-call availability for production releases and issues.
- Experienced in Data Warehousing
- Excellent Sql Skills
- Worked witth SSIS programming
- Experience working on large complex projects through the entire project life cycle from initiation through implementation.
- Solution design experience
- Candidate must be experienced in engaging with internal business owners and customers and using an iterative design process
- Familiarity with insurance products, rules, methodologies and systems (claims, underwriting, finance & information) desirable
- Exposure to release management and quality assurance processes a plus
- Formal training in software development and design is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft office products
- Exposure to quality assurance processes a plus
- Ability to work and flourish in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of database development.
- Experience in gathering and analyzing business requirements.
- Good project management understanding.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Very strong customer service orientation.
- College degree in computer science/computer information systems or equivalent business experience.
- 5 –7 years of related experience in software development including a broad technical background with extensive integration experience
Tower Group Companies - 14 months ago
You might say this firm is proactive in getting ads in front of audiences. Initiative Media Worldwide is one of the world's leading...