*Title: Middleware developer
Duration: 5 months +
Location: Bethesda, MD
· Work with the Project Manager and/or Business Analyst to gain an understanding of the business and system requirements to determine optimal application program design.
· Interact with small development team of one or two members to design, code, and test suggested architecture.
· Write system design, create reference architecture for demonstration and document the process.
· Minimum of 5 years practical (hands-on) experience in multi-tier application development.
· Minimum of 5 years practical (hands-on) experience with, Ajax, XML, Web services, PHP, SQL, JSON, HTML, and CSS.
· Working knowledge of Research Description Framework (RDF), SPARQL Protocol and RDF Query Language (SPARQL) and Graph Databases.
· Experience in using Open Source operating systems such as RHEL, CENTOS and Ubuntu.
· Experience using Authentication and authorization protocols such as OpenID, SAML and OAUTH.
· Ability to resolve cross browser/platform compatibility issues.
· Ability to work toward defined architectural goals.
· Ability to work effectively in a small team environment.
· Ability to test new and emerging protocols and standards
· Experience in the use of security best practices in the development of web and cloud based services.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment under deadline pressure.
· Ability to communicate well and work in a collaborative team environment.
· Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
· Excellent problem solving abilities.
· Ability to create detailed documentation.