The General ® Insurance, also known as Permanent General Companies, Inc., is a rapidly growing company and a leading provider of non-standard automobile insurance. Currently, we are seeking qualified applicants for Project Manager/Business Analyst. We offer great training, a well defined career path and a fun and challenging work environment where the right candidate will learn and grow with the company. We pride ourselves on teamwork and quality customer service. If you do too, please check us out!
The General ® offers a generous benefits package to its employees including medical, dental, vision and life insurance after one month of employment; health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, paid time off (vacation, sick, holidays), 401(k) participation with a matching contribution, wellness initiatives and much more!
Reporting to the Manager, PMO, the Project Manager/Business
Analyst role will vary based on business needs. When a project has been assigned, the role (PM, PM/BA or BA) to be filled on that project will be indicated.
The primary responsibilities of the Business Analyst will include serving as a liaison between the various business units and the IT department to provide the IT staff with appropriate project specifications, assisting with issue resolution, participating in the creation of project documentation and communicating information system requirements back to the business units in a timely manner. Essential job responsibilities of the Business Analyst will include:
The primary responsibilities of the Project Manager will be coordinating and seeing IT projects through to completion including project planning, managing risk and issues, status reporting to all stakeholders, controlling scope and escalation. The project manager will maintain overall project momentum by monitoring project accomplishments, quickly addressing issues and driving the project forward to accomplish key milestones. Essential job responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with project owners and stakeholders to analyze and document project requirements.
- Conducting requirement review meetings as necessary to ensure that the specifications are going to address the business need and that all parties involved in the project are fully informed.
- Working with developers and stakeholders to ensure that project issues are quickly resolved.
- Following through to implementation by clarifying specification questions and responding to items found during development and testing.
- Acting as a liaison between the IT department and other user departments.
- Creating and executing project work plans and revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Conducting project review meetings as necessary that can include a meeting agenda, meeting minutes and an action item list with individual assignments and commitment dates as needed.
- Providing status to all stakeholders throughout the project. Providing issue resolution as needed.
Minimizing The General’s exposure and risk on projects.
- Working with resource managers to ensure that resource needs are defined and that the appropriate resources are assigned to projects.
- Managing all day-to-day operational aspects of a project and its scope.
- Working with development and QA teams to ensure that any product/project delivered into production is as bug free as possible.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the Project Management processes and making appropriate recommendations for continuous improvement.
- If applicable, creating and administering the project budget which includes both hour and dollar estimates and tracks actual vs. budget results throughout the project lifecycle.
- Notifying the appropriate parties when consequential variances are identified.
- Conducting end-of-project follow up reviews.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of industry practices, trends and applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in any computer-related field such as Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or Information Technology is strongly desired.
- Project Management Certification is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of combined business analysis and project management experience is required.
- Microsoft Project and Visio experience is preferred.
- Proven ability to communicate both orally and written information to all levels within the organization.
- A knowledge of IT best operating practices and methodologies.
- Some knowledge of non-standard automobile insurance systems is preferred.
Permanent General Assurance Corp. - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard