Location: US-Anchorage, AK
Job ID: 2012-8777
Area of Interest: EN - Information Management and Graphics
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): Technical Diploma
Posted Date: 4/19/2013
Experience (Years): 1
Golder Associates is a respected, employee-owned, global company providing consulting, design, and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment, and the related areas of energy. From 180 offices worldwide, our more than 8,000 employees work with clients to manage their environmental and engineering activities in a technically sound, economically viable, and socially responsible manner.
The Anchorage office of Golder Associates is looking for a Junior CAD Technician to assist the professional and technical staff of the various geological science and ground engineering disciplines.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Work closely with the various ground engineering disciplines in providing engineering 2D and 3D drafting and design services,
- Prepare engineering plans, profiles, sections and details, for design, tender, construction and as-constructed drawing sets; and figures for proposals, reports and presentations,
- Compile 3D surfaces representing various ground engineering features such as graded terrain, tailings depositions, haul roads, dams, open pits, quarries, landfills, channels and ponds
- Provide technical support for product quality control with adherence to company CAD standards and procedures.
- Join and participate in professional and client-rich societies and organizations to network and to develop business and to further your professional growth.
- Maintain existing client contacts and work to assist the office in meeting its financial goals.
- Assist with proposals.
- Network with other related professionals in Golder Associates.
- Willing to learn new programs, such as GiNT which Golder uses to create borehole logs.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- 1-2 years (minimum) experience with AutoDesk Civil3D (Ver. 2010 or higher) production.
- Diploma and/or Degree from an accredited College or University (Construction Management, Applied Sciences, Graphics Art/Design, CAD/Engineering Technology, etc.), or equivalent.
- Practical knowledge in an efficient production environment of the following primary software is essential: AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office,
- Strong oral and written communication skills,
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented,
- Good problem solver with the ability to identify alternative solutions,
- Understanding and commitment to CAD standards and procedures,
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects/tasks and respond to the needs of several projects,
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure,
- Possess valid US drivers license,
- Pass a pre-employment physical including drug screening and a background check.
Golder Associates Ltd.
- 2 years ago - save job
Golder Associates is an employee-owned, global company providing consulting, design, and construction services in earth, environment, and...