116574BR Job Family Sales Job Category Full-Time Job Classification Experienced/Established Division Abbott Nutrition Products Division Shift First Relocation Assistance None Overview
Abbott is a global, broad-based health care company devoted to the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of pharmaceuticals and medical products, including nutritionals, devices and diagnostics. The company employs approximately 91,000 people and markets its products in more than 130 countries. Job Description PRIMARY FUNCTION / PRIMARY GOALS / OBJECTIVES:
Responsible for providing tactical and administrative management for the planning, development and controlling of activities to ensure sales and share increases for the district, while effectively utilizing budgeted funds allocated to all territories within the district and upholding and promoting corporate policies and objectives.
Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
ACCOUNTABILITY / SCOPE:
- 50% - Developing territory manager's skills to ensure sales and share growth, may be done through training, coaching, inspiring, etc. Working in the field (avg 10 times per Rep) annually and completing the associated documentation needed to support the visit (TM Evaluation, follow letter, etc.).
- 25% - Performing human resources management functions (such as evaluating performance, providing disciplinary action, writing performance appraisals, supervising district secretary, etc). Performing recruitment and selection duties such as sourcing, interviewing and maintaining a diverse candidate pool, participating in job fairs, maintaining a file of qualified candidates in the event of turnover.
- 20 % - Administrative - Driving the business through proper resource allocation and budgeting (such as gratis and expenses) communicating with supervisor regarding issues.
- 5% - Special Projects such as - Conducting meetings, training sessions, etc.
- District Budget
- Accountability for district staff of Sales Representatives Skills/Experience Requirements Knowledge of applicable regulatory standards and requirements for infant formula and nutritionals.
- Minimum of 3 years sales experience
- Mastery ability in technical products, sales ability, conduct, written and verbal communication
- Ability to adapt personal style to meet the needs of others
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Demonstrated strength in training
- Demonstrated strength in decision making, teamwork, initiative, driving the business
- Ability to understand and implement field sales directives and management policies
Abbott Laboratories - 12 months ago
Filling baby bottles and treating disease... these are the habits of Abbott. Abbott Laboratories is a top health care products manufacturer....