Join the nearly 10,000 employees who help tens of thousands of people each year learn new academic, technical, and social skills to become more employable and productive citizens. Management & Training Corporation's (MTC) innovative, forward-thinking attitude and culture have made us who we are today.
With a wealth of experience as a leader in the operation of Job Corps centers for the U.S. Department of Labor, MTC began operating correctional facilities for federal, state, and county agencies nearly 25 years ago. With a focus on rehabilitation through education, MTC is now the third largest operator of private adult correctional facilities. MTC offers competitive compensation including comprehensive benefits.
MTC is currently seeking the following:
SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR
Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of an effective Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) and Alcohol and Other Drugs Abuse (AOD) program with emphasis placed on awareness, prevention, staff training and networking with community resources in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Ohio Department of Rehab and Corrections (ODRC) directives.
1. Develop a system to promote the coordination and integration of the substance abuse treatment components with other facility programs.
2. Assess inmates with identified substance abuse problems; develop and implement a plan to modify or control the problem(s) by working with inmates, counselors, instructors and the mental health consultant, as appropriate.
3. Ensure documentation of all inmates' assessments and plans are in the inmates' recovery services records regarding substance abuse problem(s).
4. Provide ongoing comprehensive training for all staff members in the substance abuse area with specific goals toward staff education and awareness, staff skills in identification and reporting substance abuse programs, individual staff member counseling skills and general team building throughout the facility.
5. Conduct substance abuse and tobacco cessation classes, group educational, peer support and other treatment sessions for inmates.
6. Encourage awareness of substance abuse issues throughout the facility.
7. Develop linkages with community resources for substance abuse services.
8. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
9. Maintain accountability of inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Must hold current certification or credentials in one of following: - Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor II (LCDC II) - Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor III (LCDC III) - Licensed Independent Chemical Dependency Counselor (LICDC) - Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW) by state of Ohio Counselor & Social Worker Board. - Professional Clinical Counselor (PCC) by state of Ohio Counselor & Social Worker Board. - Professional Counselor (PC) by state of Ohio Counselor & Social Worker Board. - Licensed Social Worker (LSW) by state of Ohio Counselor & Social Worker Board, - Licensed Physician by state of Ohio Medical Board. - Licensed Psychologist by state of Ohio Board of Psychology. - Registered Nurse by Ohio Board of Nursing. - Psychology Assistant as defined in paragraph (B) (14) of Ohio Administrative Rule 3793: 2-1-11. One (1) year related experience preferred. Valid driver's license in the state of Ohio with an acceptable driving record required unless waived by management.
Post Hire Qualifications and Training Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass annual background check, both of which must be approved by the ODRC.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications must be completed by March 30, 2012
Management & Training Corporation - 14 months ago
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic, vocational...