With the understanding that effective management of our water resources is critical to public health, economic development, and the long-term health of the environment, our Water group is focused on delivering and managing sustainable water and wastewater solutions. This is where great people and great ideas truly make a difference. Our team members are passionate about resource renewal and sustainability, and apply both knowledge and technology to deliver life cycle solutions for both public and private sector clients. We collaborate on developing innovative solutions for complex projects in the areas of advanced water and wastewater process design, water supply, conveyance, pumping, and storage.
Incumbent will install and maintain flow monitoring equipment in sanitary, combined and storm sewers. This will require entry into manholes and pipes using appropriate OSHA safety regulations. Job requires physical installation, working with meter's software, and making necessary adjustments. Most work will be performed in the field and travel may be required to maintain equipment.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to lift and carry 75 lbs or more
- Experience working with hand power tools preferred
- Experience in construction work or mechanical repair work would be valuable but not essential
- Must be able and willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Knowledge of basic computer applications required
- Must be able to enter confined spaces after receiving proper training
- Must be able to work with team members to meet critical deadlines and demonstrate willingness to perform a variety of jobs
- Must have ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and follow detailed instructions
- Must be able to work overtime
- Must be available for occasional travel to project sites for extended periods
Stantec knows you don't become one of the top global design firms by standing around. Through more than 150 locations in North...