Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems. Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc. Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers. Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process. Configures and manages LINUX operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
Quality Assurance Linux Administrator shall be able to perform the following:
1 year of demonstrated experience is required for the domain items described below:
- Configures and manages LINUX operating system and installs
- Creates bash shell scripts to aid in system stability and deployment repeatability
- Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Manages the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
- Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Optimizes system operations and resource utilization, and performs system capacity analysis and planning
- Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Provides detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets
- Loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing
- 7 years experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Information Technology: 7 years or more of bash programming experience. 7 years or more of Perl/Python programming experience. 5 or more years of LINUX (Redhat 5 or greater) experience. Knowledgeable about web technologies (html, xml, Java2E, etc). Experience with various hardware platforms. One or more years of experience with virtualization. 5 or more years of experience with Puppet.
Location: Laurel, MD
Degree: Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. 5 years of additional system administration experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Clearance : Positions require a Top Secret security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), as well as the favorable completion of polygraph. Clearance and polygraph processing will be completed by the U.S. Government.
KEYW is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE, M/F/D/V.