Responsible for the delivery and management of consulting services in areas of key organizational importance. Applies process improvement methods and tools to improve and/or redesign organizational business processes. Supports leadership in the definition and attainment of organizational goals. Supervises assigned staff.
- Leads large-scale process redesign/improvement efforts designed to facilitate attainment of key organizational objectives.
- Provides leadership and expert consultation on the design, development, and implementation of process and programs related to practice areas.
- Sets the overall direction of the practice to address key organizational issues.
- Staffs projects to ensure that teams are composed of individuals with appropriate skills and expertise.
- Ensures that client and organizational needs are met consistently.
- Collaborates with other leaders to provide support to regional and national leadership in the pursuit and attainment of organizational goals. Support will include setting priorities for strategically focused areas, identifying opportunities for improvement, and advising on specific areas of expertise.
- Provides leadership in the development and dissemination of best practices across regional departments.
- Analyzes recommendations made by others to solve issues bearing broad or company-wide impact.
- Establishes effective working relationships with peers both internal and external to KP.
- Fosters a customer oriented work environment with emphasis on dedication to helping customers, respect for individuals, highest standards of quality, innovation, empowerment, and teamwork by developing and implementing policies and practices that reflect the vision of Kaiser Permanente.
- Hires, trains, supervises, counsels, disciplines, and terminates assigned staff as appropriate.
- Communicates goals, objectives, accountabilities, priorities, and authority parameters to assigned staff.
- Eight years of progressive project management and consulting services experience; including at least three years in health care.
- Five years management experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Public Health Administration, or other related field.
- Demonstrated ability to determine the key business issues and develop appropriate action plans from multidisciplinary perspectives.
- Demonstrated ability to lead professionals through influence and collaboration.
- Proficient in team building, conflict resolution, group interaction, project management, and budget management.
- Demonstrated ability to define the strategy of and provide overall direction to a specified practice area.
- Excellent skills in complex analytic problem solving, project management, change management, and group process.
- Understanding of KP operations and competitors, and economic, social, and legal environment.
- Master's degree in Business Administration or Health Care Administration.
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...