Provide administrative and secretarial services to the Nursing Department.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Assist with production and distribution of routine correspondence and other administrative materials.
2. Prepare, and circulate for review and appropriate action all Purchase Orders, Check Requests and Travel Requests.
3. Maintain inventory of all routine office supplies and prepares orders with appropriate vendors.
4. Maintain communication and appropriate records for adjunct faculty and other individuals, including payment for services.
5. Maintain all fiscal and budget files, maintains and updates as needed Department personnel files.
6. Coordinates with University / HPD / College agencies and resources in support of Department requirements.
7. Perform office and clerical functions to include composing, typing, editing and distributing correspondence, scheduling appointments, routing inquiries and correspondence, maintaining records, etc.
8. Copying materials as necessary in the office, and/or arranging for copying of documents by the HPD Copy Center.
9. Answer incoming calls in a courteous, professional manner and routing calls as necessary to the appropriate personnel.
10. Answer routine questions and refer other questions to the appropriate personnel.
11. Distribute packages, faxes, mail, messages, etc. to the appropriate personnel.
12. Collect and disseminate Department mail in a timely manner.
13. Provide staff support for routine Faculty Meetings and prepare a draft of the minutes for approval.
14. Provide staff support to Department committee/s as assigned.
15. Greet students and guests in a courteous and professional manner, announcing them to program faculty as required and providing assistance as needed.
16. Assist in maintain databases of student and alumni information.
17. Maintain work and reception area in a neat and orderly fashion.
18. Work cooperatively with other office staff to assure continuous coverage and availability to guests and callers.
19. Assist supervisor and other office staff in special projects in a timely manner.
20. Perform other duties as required.
Marginal Job Functions:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Proficient computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheet, database management.
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) gives a whole new meaning to "school of sharks." NSU, whose mascot is the deep sea predator,...