Chief of Staff and Manager, Business Analytics – |
Seasonal and Outdoor supports the management of the business and will be responsible for projects to improve performance with the Seasonal and Outdoor Living Business Unit. The position will focus on the execution of projects and will leverage available internal and external data to generate useful analytic insights.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Works with the Business Unit President and Finance Director on the Board of Director materials/topics and presentations.
2. Performs ad-hoc analysis and assignments related to Board of Director topics, merchandising resets & product assortments, competition, and marketing mix.
3. Assembles data, reporting, and recommendations on ad hoc analyses requested by finance, merchandising, and senior management to enable effective performance reporting across the Business Unit.
4. Leads initiatives for profitable growth and selling excellence by scoping, planning, implementing, and tracking strategy projects.
5. Performs routine and complex financial analysis and modeling to support strategic growth initiatives.
6. Develops, NPV, break-even and ROI analysis information on various merchandise projects.
7. Tracks forecast accuracy and create reporting to improve forecasting by the merchants and marketing.
8. Works closely with merchant organization and the Centers of Excellence teams on SYWR, Targeted Interactions, and Liquidity projects. Interacts with various SHC support departments necessary to build and align teams.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to discuss results of analyses and projects in concise and professional manner.
2. B.S. in Accounting, Finance, Economics and/or MBA.
3. Strong knowledge of accounting principles and financial calculations with ability to understand business models and key drivers quickly.
4. Capacity to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously with strong prioritization management skills.
5. Comfortable working in a less-defined environment requiring high levels of initiative with ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters.
6. Strong project management skills to ensure department work is well-planned and executed.
7. Ability to work independently and within a fast-paced, team environment.
8. Executive level presentation skills with advanced Excel & PowerPoint skills.
2 - 5 Years Experience
Preferred Minimum Education
Bachelors Level Degree
On Occasion (Less than 5%)
Sears Holdings Corp. - 17 months ago
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based stores,...