Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Type of Position:
This position is contingent upon contract award and is located at Ft. Polk, LA.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. One (1) year of recent supply experience gained either in military or commercial application. Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Shop environment in which mechanic equipment is operated, is loud and noisy, and some pieces of equipment have exposed moving components, routing lifting up to 45 pounds, regular handling, grasping, kneeling and carrying, and constant use of vision and mental alertness is required. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance. Position may require travel.
Safety - URS enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the URS Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable URS Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
“Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English”
Performs range of supply duties to include but not limited to, receiving, material handling, warehousing, and issue of all types of repair parts and materials. Accounts for all supply actions on applicable inventory management system Packages, preserves and ships products as required and directed by Supply Technician and/or customer. Supervised by Supply Technician.
1. Receives materials and performs receiving inspection in accordance with documented procedures.
2. Stores all materials in accordance with master storage matrix, and ensures that care of supplies in storage procedures are followed. Responsible to check stocks for damage or expiration in accordance with generally accepted shelf life management procedures.
3. Performs required material handling activities while ensuring safe and proper movement of materials to appropriate storage and/or issue points.
4. Processes all transactions in applicable inventory management system.
5. Prepares materials for shipment as required following appropriate packaging and preservation procedures.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Employee may be required to obtain a Controlled Area Access Badge or security clearance.
With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction...