Responsibilities JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES SUMMARY
Under the direction of the assigned Manager and/or Supervisor, the Food Service Associate I will provide various duties within the food service arena, ranging from food preparation, serving patients and visitors, to delivering product and cleaning up. A Food Service Associate I may be asked to support various tasks throughout the department. The basic accountabilities are outlined below.
- Prepares specified foods by cutting, chopping, slicing, etc.
- Prepares work area by cleaning, washing pots & pans, ware washing, etc.
- Supports Cook(s) as directed, measuring ingredients, gathering cooking utensils, etc.
- Serves prepared food, i.e. dining room serving stations
- Prepares sandwiches, pizza, etc.
- Stocks or resupplies retail areas as needed
- Restocks soup and salad bar
- Makes and replaces coffee and supplies
- Prepares patient food trays according to each tray ticket.
- Prepares food items for Patient Services as assigned.
- Stocks and restocks pantries, refrigerators and freezers in assigned unit(s). Maintains temperature logs for those refrigerators and freezers.
- Picks up empty food carts after meal service(s).
- Cleans and processes patient service wares and delivery equipment.
OBSERVES AND PRACTICES APPROPRIATE INFECTION CONTROL AND FOOD HANDLING TECHNIQUES TO PREVENT FOOD WASTE AND TO ENSURE SAFE, HIGH QUALITY FOOD. ENFORCES SANITATION STANDARDS,
- Stocks the delivered food and non-food items in appropriate storeroom areas.
- Notifies the supervisor when inventories are low. May participate in inventory management
- Maintains all storeroom areas in a neat, clean and sanitary manner according to prescribed procedures.
DEMONSTRATES A STRONG COMMITMENT TO THE PHILOSPHY AND VALUES OF S&W HEALTHCARE
- Organizes work area by obtaining appropriate items and equipment in advance to prevent waste and ensure a timely completion of task.
- Enforces policies and procedures, and training programs to provide a safe working environment.
- Practices appropriate hand washing in accordance with established procedures.
- Diligently maintains working area in a neat, clean, and orderly manner, consistently employing clean as you go techniques.
- Thoroughly washes and sanitizes all work surfaces, utensils and equipment to prevent cross-contamination according to HACCP procedures.
- Completes all cleaning assignments as outlined on the Daily Sanitation Check-out Sheet.
- Complies with OSHA and other local, state, and federal regulations.
DEMONSTRATES ACTIVE, PERSONAL DAILY INVOLVEMENT, VISIBILITY AND PROFESSIONALISM WITH SUPPORT SERVICE STAFF, AND S&W STAFF, AND ALL INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CUSTOMERS AND SUPPLIERS.
- Cooperates and collaborates with the Scott & White leadership to champion and meet the strategic goals of S&W Healthcare.
- Ensures compliance with S&W and the Support Service Departments policies and procedures including appropriate attire and grooming as befits the management level.
- Serves on departmental and/or S&W committees or focus groups as requested and needed.
PERFORMS OTHER POSTION APPROPRIATE DUTIES AS REQUIRED IN A COMPETENT PROFESSIONAL AND COURTEOUS MANNER.
- Interacts effectively, in a friendly professional manner to build relationships, and demonstrates a high level of customer service
- Continuously seeks ways to improve service and quality.
- Communicates effectively with the Manager or Supervisor on a regular formal and informal basis to ideas, concerns, progress or problems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Training & Experience:
- Food service or restaurant experience helpful
- Texas Drivers License preferred.
- To interact and communicate with all staff and management in English in a positive and professional manner.
- To communicate appropriately verbally and in writing using the English language.
- To comprehend instructions, correspondence, memos and other forms of verbal and written communication.
- To read and follow instructions.
- To effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations.
- To deal with difficult situations and resolve issues and concerns in an effective and professional manner.
- To work and accomplish tasks in a stressful, fast-paced environment.
Experience: Minimum/No Experience
Degree: H. S. Graduate/GED Equivalent
Department: LlnHos Nutrition Hosp
Standard Hours Per Week: 40
Job ID# 293158