The Deputy Chief Information Officer provides leadership for planning, developing, and implementing information technology initiatives at Adventist HealthCare. The Deputy Chief Information Officer assists the Chief Information Officer (CIO) in managing business operations to improve cost effectiveness, service quality, and IT operational effectiveness. This individual also assists the CIO in all management aspects of information technology operations and upholding core company values for Adventist HealthCare (AHC).
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Assists the Chief Information Officer in leading overall information technology strategic planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing information technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technology projects.
- Assists the Chief Information Officer in governance oversight, project and portfolio management, and service delivery management.
- Collaborate with senior leaders and stakeholders across the organization to develop and maintain integrated operational plans, project portfolios that are cost effective, earned value-based, and aligned to the direction of the organization and to ensure high quality service delivery.
- Establish forums to communicate and coordinate information technology strategic and tactical plans to executive teams, staff, vendor partners, customers, and stakeholders.
- Responsible for building and maintaining continuous efforts to improve internal and outsourced IT service delivery to meet the needs of Adventist HealthCare.
- Work effectively with the appropriate customers, vendors, and stakeholders to continue to develop an effective organizational, staffing and resource management structure to meet the IT needs of the organization.
- Lead the development, management, tracking and control of the IT annual capital and operating budgets.
- MA/MS degree in the field of computer science or information technology or an MBA with an emphasis in Information Technology.
- At least 7 years of experience working in the healthcare industry or healthcare related organization.
- Experience in strategic planning, execution, and policy development.
- At least 10 years leading information technology service delivery, including applications management, systems and systems integration management, telecommunications, networks, programming, media, and desktops.
- Solid understanding of state-of-the-art healthcare computer systems solutions and operating capabilities.
- Extensive knowledge of information systems, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems management.
- Solid experience in business management, budgeting, cost management, and operations.
- Extensive IT project and portfolio management experience.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to health information technology, privacy and security.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or any other basis prohibited by law.
- A premier healthcare system
- A compassionate mission of healing
- Dynamic Maryland/Washington D.C. market
Adventist HealthCare is a non-profit network of healthcare providers based in Maryland. At Adventist HealthCare, you will find a clear passion for caring for the whole person and a progressive faith-based mission. Pursue Excellence. Practice with Compassion
Adventist HealthCare - 19 months ago
Adventist Health, headquartered in Roseville, California, represents health care facilities spanning California, Hawaii, Oregon and...