Safety-Kleen Systems, Inc. has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green . We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
We have more than 4,300 employees across the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada. Together, we are building on almost half a century of innovation by developing new products and services to serve the changing needs of our thousands of customers across a broad range of industries and markets, from local auto shops to major corporations and government agencies. Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK . ™
Safety-Kleen is seeking a Receiving & Unloading Operator . You will be responsible for receiving, sampling and unloading all inbound bulk shipments of used oil by rail, and truck. Manage the used oil inventory and transfers as necessary. Inspects rail cars to meet Federal Railroad D.O.T. requirements.
- Review paperwork to insure compliance with company, governmental rules and regulations.
- Sample all inbound rail cars, trucks and trailers of used oil.
- Prepare the sample and submit for lab analysis.
- Enter Data in the UNIX computer system for tracking and accounting.
- Prepares paperwork receipts for filing and processing.
- Unload rail cars, trucks and trailers into the used oil receiving tanks.
- Operate branch trucks and track mobile to position for unloading.
- Perform daily inspections as required by environmental permits and MARSEC (USCG) requirements related to Home land Security.
- Acts as a switchman for rail switches. Tests, LOTO and prepare equipment for repairs.
- Fill out permits.
- Organize and maintain truck and rail unloading areas.
- Other duties as required.
- High school Diploma or equivalent required, some college preferred
- No previous experience required
- Good oral communication
- Legible handwriting
- Follows directions
- Math skills
- Mechanical skills
- Quick learner
- Neat and organized
- Dependable/good attendance
- Good candidate for promotion
- Knowledge of hydraulics
- Team member
- Follows established procedures and SOP
- Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa
Why should you work with us?
Safety-Kleen embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace environment where the uniqueness of every individual is respected and the contributions of people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is encouraged and valued. We offer great job training, career growth opportunities and competitive pay rates. Our fantastic benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; prescription drug coverage, flexible spending accounts, disability benefits, life insurance, retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement assistance, confidential employee assistance program; and company-paid sick, holiday, and vacation time.
Typical 8 hour shift to include frequent computer usage. In order to perform the duties of this job employee must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, climb, bend, kneel, reach, squat, stoop and twist. Must be able to carry, lift, pull, and push from between 10-100 lbs., with occasional carrying, lifting, pulling and pushing of over 100+ lbs., with repetitive movement of both hands. Employee may also be required to drive a vehicle. Safety-Kleen Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally-responsible business.
Safety-Kleen - 23 months ago
Safety-Kleen, Inc. is a provider of used oil re-refining and recycling and parts cleaning services in North America, and is also provides a...