We're seeking an ambitious front-end engineer experienced in building mobile user interfaces to lead the development of our mobile site, contribute to our web frontend as needed and, longer term, build native mobile phone and tablet applications. Visit http://www.sulia.com from your phone to get a sense for our design aesthetic the capabilities of our current mobile site.
Sulia is a global technology and media company focused on making sense of real-time content for consumers, publishers and marketers. Using crowdsourcing, natural language processing and machine learning, Sulia creates thousands of real-time content channels that draw from the on-topic contributions of the most respected experts on a particular topic. Sulia is backed by leading media and technology investors, including Firstmark Capital, Village Ventures, IA Capital Partners, Founder Collective, Ron Conway, and Mark Gerson. Sulia’s headquarters is in the Flatiron district in New York.
- Real-world frontend engineering experience, preferably from contributing to a launched product that received significant traffic.
- Familiarity with Backbone.js or Ember.js a plus. We use Backbone for mobile and plan to use it for desktop as well.
- Sufficient familiarity with HTML5 to understand the trade-offs between native and HTML5 apps for phones and tablets.
- Ability to rapidly prototype new designs and features and evaluate their efficacy.
- Enthusiasm for iterative development, rapid deployment and running fractional traffic experiments to validate hypotheses.
- Experience building native applications for iPhone, iPad or Android a plus.
- Undergraduate computer science degree preferred, but not required.
- 2+ years of relevant experience is preferred with impeccable references.
JobHost - 13 months ago
Sulia is the world's first-ever subject-based social network, combining crowdsourcing, machine learning, and human supervision to create hig...