With a mission to understand, innovate, partner and deliver, exp provides professional, technical and strategic advisory services related to the world's built and natural environments in six key practice areas: Buildings, Earth & Environment, Energy, Industrial, Infrastructure, and Sustainability. Our heritage dates back to 1928, and today more than 3,400 creative professionals across North America and the globe provide the expertise and experience needed to deliver successful projects for clients. For more information, visit www. exp .com
Working within an enterprise GIS environment, this position is responsible for working with a team of individuals that perform GIS mapping, analysis, and data editing in a fast-paced work environment. Overtime and weekend hours may be required.
Principle Areas of Responsibility
The Skills, Knowledge and Abilities We Seek
- Prepares map books and other map products.
- Creates, edits, and maintains GIS vector data.
- Works within an ArcSDE environment.
- Assists with generating alignment sheets.
- Performs complex spatial analysis and tabular analysis.
- Assists with development of project reports.
- Assists with data modeling.
- Provides support for environmental field surveys.
Bachelor’s degree in GIS, computer science, or geography with a minimum of two (2) years of related professional experience OR a GIS certificate from an accredited institution with a minimum of five (5) years of related professional experience.
Experience working with oil and gas pipelines or environmental regulatory services is preferred.
Tests & Exams
- Proficient knowledge of and ability to utilize ESRI ArcGIS Desktop 9.3.1 or higher.
- Proficient knowledge of computer applications and functions including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, SharePoint and Outlook.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and work in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to understand and work within set quality control standards.
- Proficient skill in cartography as well as coordinate systems and projections
- Proficient skill and experience with multi-user geodatabase workflows.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check
- Successful completion of a pre-employment driver’s history check
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test