At Sysco we understand that building a great company is just like creating a great product - you must have all the right ingredients. For us, those ingredients are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas, and experiences behind our diverse workforce that embodies Sysco. Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from the home.
This Position is located in the Sysco Little Rock 5800 Frozen Rd Little Rock, AR 72209
Senior Analyst of Finance, Broadline Operating Company
The Manager or Senior Analyst of Finance, Broadline Operating Company reports directly to the Broadline
- The level and title of the job will be dependent on the experience of the individual in the role.
- Reports to Broadline Operating Company CFO
Operating Company CFO.
The individual's main role is to analyze the drivers of profitability and identify opportunities for profit
In this role you will add value by performing the following activities:
Sales and Margin Analysis
- Provide specific analysis of the key drivers of sales and margin growth.
- Provide recommendations to improve sales growth and margin growth.
- Monitor sales and margin daily exception reports. Identify exceptions and work with different departments to identify and resolve root causes.
- Analyze earned income and the specific sources of earned income.
- Determine the key drivers of variances versus last year results.
- Analyze and compare earned income post conversion to SAP and compare to pre conversion.
- This requires performing reconciliation due to the differences in earned income recognition.
- Identify where there are earned income shortfalls and opportunities to improve earned income.
- Perform customer and vendor profitability analysis.
- Identify underperforming customers and vendors and the key drivers of the profitability.
- Make recommendations to management to improve profitability.
- Provide specific analysis as to the key drivers of expenses and the key drivers as to variances to last year and to plan.
- Identify opportunities to control costs and reduce expenses.
- Quantify the financial impact of key cost control initiatives.
Forecasting and Action Plans
- Participate in shrink committee.
- Assist Broadline CFO with the performance of the forecast.
- Ensure overall trends and the impacts of key initiatives are reflected accurately in the forecast.
- Work with each department to ensure they understand the overall forecast and how the impact of the key initiatives they are responsible for are reflected in the forecast.
- Work with each department to develop action plans to achieve plan and monitor execution of action plans.
- Assist Broadline CFO with the annual profit plan.
- Ensure overall trends and the impacts of key initiatives are reflected accurately in the profit plan.
- May work directly with one or more functions on components of the annual plan.
- Depending on each OpCo's specific needs and the decision of the Broadline OpCo CFO, may have none, one or more functions report directly to this individual including inventory control, driver check in, scanning functions.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4 years' experience for Senior Analyst
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
- MBA or Masters preferred
- Foodservice industry a plus
Sysco is committed to providing comprehensive retirement and benefits programs, a stock purchase plan,
product purchase discounts and much more!
Sysco Little Rock is a Tobacco Free Facility!
Sysco Little Rock is proud to be an EEO/AA employer - M/F/D/V
As a subsidiary of SYSCO Corporation, the largest foodservice distributor in North America, Sysco Houston distributes fresh and frozen meat,...