The Consultant, Expert Services serves as a subject matter expert in Strategic Procurement processes primarily supporting both Procurement Operations and Commodity Management. The support is both regional (NA) and/or Globally focused. This position works with limited guidance and focuses on implementing Procurement initiatives. The Consultant serves as process owner for key procurement initiatives including the following:
The Consultant's key deliverables in the area of process development and improvement, and project management include:
- Strategic Sourcing
- Contract Management
- Optimized Processes
- Spend Analysis Framework
- Supplier Performance Management
- Quality Management System
- Supplier Sustainability program
- Procurement People Process
- Other Miscellaneous Project Management and Process Improvement as identified by the organization
2. Strategy Development
- Analysis of opportunities and development of business case for organizational support
- Prioritization of initiatives based on organizational need and customer input
- Developing project plan
- Assembling and leading cross functional teams
- Developing metrics
- Communication/Change Management support for the initiatives
- Process monitoring to insure the initiative processes are being followed
- Identify training requirements insure training for key stakeholders is delivered
- Documentation of all key work
- Sharing best practices and lessons learned
- Provide "expert" consulting support for each of the initiatives 1. Business Alignment
- Develops and maintains a positive working relationship with key interface leaders within Procurement Operations, Commodity Management and Center Of Excellence
- The Consultant provides a critical link between the COE and Procurement Operations and Commodity Management, and is responsible for identifying new procurement process and/or tool requirements. The Consultant works with the initiative’s sponsors, team members and the respective Solutions & Process teams to develop and incorporate those new tools and processes.
- Works with the Training Manager to identify training requirements, and insure that training is developed for, and delivered to BU buyers and Commodity Managers.
- Drive the development of the Project scope with input from the process owners.
- Drive the project tasks, timeline and SPA is keeping with the project plan
- Communicate with sponsors/steering committee on project milestones and gain stage gate approval.
- The consultant will also attend or lead regular SPA meetings as needed to share best practices and receive training.
- The consultant will disseminate best practices and conduct training across their area of responsibility.
- Consultant will continue to collect feedback and incorporate these changes back into the process in keeping with ABS principles
- The consultant will also participate in Procurement Ops GBU meetings or Commodity Management meetings as appropriate.
- Consultant will maintain knowledge of the area of expertise to continue to propose new opportunities to the organization
While many of its aluminum products may be lightweight, Alcoa is anything but. The company is among the world's top producers of...