Experience is required
Medical Terminology Required
The Admissions Representative is responsible for providing outstanding customer service and clerical support to make certain smooth operation in their areas. Their duties include obtaining all pertinent demographic and insurance information on incoming patients by interviewing patients (or their representatives) in a courteous and efficient manner. In addition, the Admissions Representative schedules patients for appropriate pre-surgery testing appointments when applicable. The Admissions Representative is also responsible for processing the necessary paperwork on all new patients admits, and serves as a liaison to patients, their families, the nursing staff and medical staff to ensure optimal customer service and patient flow. Patient ages served- all ages.
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS (licensure, registration, etc.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
1. Exemplifies all ENCORE! behaviors and complies with house values.
2. Able to work cooperatively with other people and without direct supervision. Must be able to work under stressful situations, high volume periods, and handle duties with accuracy and organization.
3. Must follow all dress code specifics.
4. Excellent public relations skills required, which include, but are not limited to proper phone etiquette and effective communication.
5. Manual coordination to operate a keyboard, fax machine, copy machine and be able to type 35 words per minute.
6. Must be detailed oriented, self motivated, have excellent organizational skills with the ability to consistently prioritize, meet changing deadlines, troubleshoot problems and collect and coordinate data in an accurate, thorough and timely manner.
7. Ability to respect, accept and follow the direction of a supervisor. Accept constructive criticism and/or any part of the disciplinary process with a positive attitude and a willingness to recognize, improve, correct or change behavior, work habits, attitudes, communication style, etc.
8. Excellent problem solving skills.
9. Ability to exercise tact and courtesy in creating and maintaining harmonious relations in working with coworkers, patients, families, visitors, physicians, and the general public.
10. Ability to maintain composure and a high level of productivity in a busy setting with interruptions.
Six months hospital admitting or health care setting experience preferred.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED
PBX system, computer, fax machine, photo copier, printer, scanner, Translogic Tube System, multi-line phone system.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
An office setting with frequent movement to access printer and copier. Prolonged periods of typing, interviewing patients and families via telephone or in person. Having hearing acuity to use telephone to communicate with patients and staff as well as visual acuity for reading printed information and using computers.