This position will have primary responsibility for the day-to-day management of The Plant Shopping Center (650,000 square feet) property located in San Jose, California.
The position will be located onsite at The Plant Shopping Center in San Jose.
Fair Labor Standards Act Status – This position is exempt
The Property Manager directs all aspects of the center to ensure efficient day-to-day management of the property and maximum revenue capture.
Major Duties and Responsibilities :
- Monitors the timely collection of rents and works with tenants in arrears to establish programs to reduce indebtedness.
- Coordinates and/or initiates tenant improvements from major construction activity to smaller build-outs of existing space.
- Works with property owner to promote customer traffic and sales through targeted marketing programs, promotions and special events.
- Trains and manages employees at the property with the fundamental objective of creating a safe and pleasurable experience for shoppers, diners and employees.
- Assists owner with preparation of annual property budget and business plan.
- Authorizes ongoing property purchases; audits and approves accounts payable following business plan guidelines and owner accounting and financial management procedures.
- Maintains on-site records relevant to activities at the properties.
- Maintains appearance, cleanliness and safety of the properties, to include vacant spaces.
- Engages, coordinates, and monitors activities of contractor services, as necessary, and recommends and directs ongoing maintenance and necessary repairs for the center.
- Recommends and implements capital improvement campaigns in collaboration with owner.
- Promotes workplace safety by establishing programs to ensure property is free of hazards; responds promptly and in person to major emergency situations.
- Represents center in the local retail community; establishes open communication with landlord representatives, tenants, vendors, community leaders and company employees.
- Plans and conducts regular business meetings with property employees, tenants, vendors, and other groups with interests in the properties.
- Monitors tenant sales and to increase sales actively pursues alternative means to bring shoppers to the centers, to include promotions and special events.
- Manages centers in accordance with applicable local, state and federal laws; recommends such legal action as may be required to protect and maintain the financial integrity of the center.
- Works extended hours, including weekends, as necessary, to achieve the desired results for the centers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Key Organizational Relationships:
The incumbent will work closely with Madison Marquette Corporate management, property employees, owner and center tenants.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Position requires a Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S) in Business Administration or a related discipline from an accredited college or university or an equivalent combination of education and experience in managing mixed-use properties.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience managing retail properties, either individually or as part of a mixed-use property, mall, strip center, lifestyle center, etc
- Demonstrated management experience, preferably at a large retail center.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the MS Office suite of software products, particularly Word and Excel.
- Valid driving license and active automobile insurance coverage.
- Active real estate license preferred.
- Effective interpersonal skills and an ability to lead across employee, vendor, tenant, and community groups.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective organization skills as demonstrated by the ability to consistently deliver on commitments to tenants and residents.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy and a flexible outlook toward task management.
SelectLeaders - 16 months ago