Open Date: 2/8/2013
Close Date: 7/1/2013
Alliance Defending Freedom is seeking a highly professional Legal Communications Director who will significantly increase our organization’s media profile in New York, Washington, D.C. media markets as well as international news bureaus. You will be responsible for communicating legal matters, initiatives and trends to media markets and allied organizations. You will conduct legal briefings with news organizations, editorial boards, and key public influencers. You will serve as the go-to contact for all Alliance Defending Freedom Global M&PR needs.
- Journalism, law degree or MLE preferred;
- Demonstrated success in Media & Public Relations engagement and/or M&PR project/initiative management;
- Excellent understanding of basic constitutional law and legal terminology. Able to clearly and quickly communicate the potential impact complex legal matters and judicial rulings to appropriate media targets;
- Excellent understanding of news cycle required, intimately familiar with a wide range of media outlets and individuals, high-level knowledge of New Media a plus;
- Able to work well under pressure and deadlines, and meet the mental and physical demands of frequent and unexpected long news cycles;
- Excellent writing, verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Good working knowledge of MacPro and video production;
- Able to travel on short notice and internationally.
ADF is a legal alliance of Christian attorneys and like-minded organizations, defending the right of individuals to live their faith freely....