Staff Systems Engineer (Job Number: 130485)
Location - United States-CO-Highlands Ranch
Organization - Technology
Job - Systems Engineering
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
The global systems engineering group is responsible for engineering and support of the IT infrastructure for Visa Inc. and VisaNet. This includes planning, design, evaluation, installation, deployment, and maintenance of the IT infrastructure for the data centers and office facilities.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for solving complex problems and taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. This role serves as a technical/functional specialist and works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.
- Construct and implement applications, systems and security infrastructure based on business requirements and adhering to tight operations, security, and procedural models.
- Participate in the delivery of solutions to operations either as an individual contributor or leader of small team as each project dictates.
- Maintain the availability and security of existing systems, plan and implement new systems, and evaluate changes to current and peripheral systems.
- This position requires a strong, hands on technical engineer professional with business acumen.
- Able to operate in complex, highly-secure, and highly-available, operations environments and interact with the technology domain experts required to maintain those environments
- Participate in the development and incorporation of best practices and approaches into the company´s project processes and methodologies.
- Provide the necessary customer/user support processes, including both internal and external users, and provide a mechanism for ongoing enhancements and refinements.
- Use prior experience as a member of development and testing teams to relate how methodology elements integrate with day-to-day work activities.
- Provide recommendations to management team to increase effectiveness of organization and technology solutions.
- RECRUITER MUST EDIT BASED ON LOCATION: Bachelors/Degree or equivalent experience; Typically requires a minimum of 5-7 years experience (AP, Canada, LAC, US) OR Professionally qualified or equivalent with professional experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. (CEMEA)
- Broad knowledge in hardware, software, and applications deployments.
- Experience in an application hosting or data center environment.
- Experience with maintaining highly available and highly secure systems.
- Strong process orientation and a solid understanding of software development and testing techniques, methodologies and best practices are the primary requisite for this position.
- Individual should be extremely self-motivated with the ability to work independently, coordinating activities within cross-regional and cross-functional teams.
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Exhibit advanced planning, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- ITIL certification preferred.
Visa - 10 months ago
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than...