Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Senior Cyber Specialist
Type of Position:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent field and 5+ years experience working in a federally regulated cyber security position.
• Individuals not possessing a four year degree may qualify with an additional 5 years of related education and/or experience.
• Due to the nature of work, candidate must be a US Citizen.
• Experience working in a DOE regulated environment.
• Experience using Nessus and Shavlik.
• Contributed to the development and maintenance of an Accreditation Package in a DOE environment.
• Knowledgeable on FIPPS 199, NIST 800-53, NIST 800-53a, NIST 800-70, NIST 800-37.
• Experience using the following types of software: security scanning, penetration testing, patch management, and configuration management.
• Experience working in a federally regulated environment.
• Relocation support is available for this position.
Savannah River Remediation, an LLC of URS Corporation is seeking a Senior Cyber Specialist to be based in our Aiken, SC location.
The primary purpose of the position is to provide senior level technical support to the Cyber Specialist work group. With limited oversight, this position will require an individual to perform systems and network assessments, evaluate alternative solutions and implement policies and procedures aligned to adhere to regulations and achieve company objectives. Job responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
• Under minimal direction, performs assessments of systems and networks within the networking environment or enclave and identifies systems and networks that deviate from acceptable configurations, enclave policy, or local policy.
• Evaluates incident response procedures and capabilities.
• With concurrence from lead, exploits system and network vulnerabilities and mis-configurations for purposes of gathering data from target or adversary automated information systems or networks and to enable operations and intelligence collection capabilities.
• Under appropriate direction, leverages computer networks to disrupt, deny, degrade, or destroy information resident in computers and computer networks, or the computers and networks.
• With limited guidance, develops and maintains Certification and Accreditation package in a DOE cyber security environment including development of System Security Plan, System Test and Evaluation Document, Security Controls Deviations, and Disaster Recovery Plan.
• Without assistance, performs and documents risk assessments on new equipment, hardware, current environment.
• Utilizing knowledge of a federally regulated environment and support from lead, develops and evaluates procedures necessary to implement cyber requirements.
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE.
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...