We are seeking a talented and motivated Bridge Engineer (Structural Engineer) for our Phoenix office. This position provides technical expertise on structural related tasks and projects. Projects will primarily include the design of transportation structures such as bridges, culverts, and earth retaining structures. Projects may also include bridge inspection and structural engineering support of other infrastructure projects such as concrete tanks, pump stations, flood control structures, underground structures, as well as structural evaluation and rehabilitation for existing structures. Essential duties include:
- Assist in field reviews of existing structures and project sites for new projects
- Assist in determining client requirements
- Developing reports, specifications, drawings, and related documents meeting client requirements.
- Assisting in the preparation of cost estimates, construction schedules and planning studies for projects.
- Evaluating the need for design changes and communicating appropriate recommendations to project manager.
- Coordinating structural technical efforts with other project disciplines.
- Assisting in the pricing, estimating, scoping, and marketing strategies for proposed projects.
- Consulting with construction personnel concerning design constructability as related to field conditions, sequencing, and scheduling of construction activities.
- Providing technical support and visiting construction sites in support of construction activities and post design services
- BS in Civil Engineering / Structural Engineering
- Must possess at least 5 years of relevant experience
- A PE registration/license is required; Arizona PE preferred or must possess the ability to obtain AZ PE within 6 months of hire
- Previous bridge design experience on projects within the State of Arizona is preferred
Keywords: Bridge Engineer, Structural Engineer, Sr. Bridge Engineer, Sr. Structural Engineer, Senior Bridge Engineer, Senior Structural Engineer
Stanley Consultants, Inc. - 9 months ago