The Department of Addictions and Rehabilitation Studies (DARS) invites applications for a Clinical Assistant Professor as Director of the Navigate Counseling Clinic housed within DARS.
The candidate must have appropriate background and commitment to serve as a full-time faculty member in a department with a CORE-accredited rehabilitation counseling program, which is also pursuing CACREP accreditation in addictions, clinical mental health, career counseling, and counselor education and supervision.
The Department of Addictions and Rehabilitation Studies is housed in the College of Allied Health Sciences within the Division of Health Sciences. The Department has state-of-the art counseling and vocational evaluation labs and teaching technology.
Serve as Director of Navigate Counseling Clinic. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing administrative direction over day-to-day operations of the Navigate Clinic,
- Providing clinical supervision to Navigate staff,
- Managing, in conjunction with Department Chair, all budgetary aspects pertaining to Navigate services,
- Developing and directing orientation and on-going training of staff,
- Providing first responder services to client crisis situations,
- Developing, implementing, and directing performance improvement activities of services,
- Developing and maintaining working alliances with external Navigate partners,
- Maintaining a collaborative relationship with the Navigate Student Directors,
- Facilitating Management Team meetings,
- Developing and maintaining working alliances with faculty and staff within the Department, the College and the University,
- Developing, evaluating, and revising protocols for services,
- Developing and implementing client recruitment and retention procedures,
- Preparing and submitting grant applications to sustain Navigate services,
- Developing fee-for-service contracts with external partners to sustain Navigate counseling services, and
- Ensuring counseling services and staff adheres to relevant legal and ethical standards of practice.
Serve as DARS Field Site Coordinator. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and maintaining agreements and relationships with field sites,
- Developing and maintaining an updated and student-accessible list of field sites, and
- Instructing masters-level internship courses.
-Teach additional courses as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess:
- a doctorate in counselor education/development, preferably from a CACREP accredited or equivalent program;
- clinical counseling experience in addictions, mental health, rehabilitation, and/or career counseling;
- experience in providing clinical supervision and facilitating counselor development; and
- experience in teaching counseling related coursework at the graduate level.
The successful candidate will possess or be eligible for:
- Licensure as a Professional Counselor-Supervisor (i.e., LPC-S) within the State of NC;
- Licensure as a Clinical Addictions Specialist (LCAS) within NC;
- Certification as a Clinical Supervisor (CCS) by the NC Substance Abuse Professional Practice Board;
- Certification as a Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC) by the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification; and
- Certification as a Clinical Mental Health Counselor CCMHC) by the National Board for Certified Counselor.
Special Instructions to Applicants
East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. In addition to submitting a candidate profile online, please submit online the required applicant documents:
Letter of Interest
List of Three References (noting contact information)
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Final candidates will be expected to provide original transcript(s) and original letters of reference.
Questions may be directed to:
Dr. Paul Toriello
Search Committee Chair
East Carolina University - 21 months ago
East Carolina University (ECU) offers more than 100 undergraduate programs and about 75 graduate, 15 doctoral, and four specialist degree...