General Statement of Duties:|
The PCA II is an integral part of the nursing team and is directly responsible to the Registered Nurse. This employee is involved in patient care and performs unit tasks according to knowledge, ability, and duties assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Performs routine duties in caring for hospitalized patients as directed by the Registered Nurse;
assists with patient activities as ordered, (i.e., turning and positioning patients in bed, getting
patients up to a chair, and ambulating of patients); assists patients with activities of daily
living including bathing, shaving, oral care, and other activities as appropriate.
2. Maintains confidentiality of patient information and records at all times.
3. Performs treatments such as enemas, perineal care and simple non-sterile dressings; takes vital signs, patient weights, and assists in maintaining accurate Intake and Output; assists with serving and collecting food trays, water carafes, and nourishment. Feeds patients as necessary and as directed by the RN.
4. Administers PEG feedings.
5. Performs Ancillary Blood Glucose Testing and documents results in the medical record.
6. Assists the RN to collect data from patients on admission; reports to the appropriate RN and documents pertinent information such as I&O, Vital Signs, calorie counts, and patient weights.
Minimum Education and Experience:
High school graduate or equivalent required.
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
Must be a certified nurse aide; or have completed an approved CNA course and awaiting licensure in 90 days; or have a minimum of 1 clinical semesters of approved nursing school; or have an EMT certification. Comparable acute health care experience is highly desirable. Eligible for a 5% increase if able to cross train into either a Unit Secretary or Cardiac Monitor Technician role. Must function well in both roles and have recent Unit Secretary training through the Education Department. Must perform each role approximately 50% of the time. See Unit Secretary and Cardiac Monitor Technician for job duties.
HCA Inc - 19 months ago
Find yourself on the losing end of a battle at the Alamo? Methodist Healthcare System of San Antonio can fix even the most serious of war...