The Batch Plant Operator reports to the Mobile Services Manager and is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Ready Mix batching operation and assist with the scheduling of deliveries. This position is for the DFW area. Must be willing to travel to other areas.
· Efficiently operates batching facilities and maintains maximum production levels.
· Operates computer controlled batching system that transfers product from storage bins through weigh bins and into ready-mix trucks.
· Records daily delivery statistics and daily maintenance activities.
· Reads and interprets computer orders to control mix design and to set appropriate slump.
· Uses computer to weigh product being transferred to each truck.
· Visually monitors control boards and computer screens.
· Visually inspect loading trucks to assure proper positioning for delivery of product.
· Prints tickets on computer or writes tickets by hand to be sent via air tube system to driver.
· Visually inspects concrete on as needed basis.
· Files a copy of each ticket.
· Records all daily record keeping and paperwork as required.
· Maintains material inventories and orders materials as needed.
· Inspects silo, weigh hoppers and plant and cleans hoppers as needed.
· Climb stairs/ladders to top of cement mixer to manually add concrete fiber packets as needed.
· Diagnoses and assists in trouble-shooting when process is interrupted.
· Demonstrates good understanding of lockout/tagout procedure required during certain procedures.
· Assists with cleanup as needed.
· Assist in training of co-workers as needed.
· Assigns and maintains raw material delivery tickets.
· Supply customers with accurate product and delivery information.
· Accurately report on fuel, petty cash, time cards, etc.
· Assist Dispatcher in balancing driver hours to assure equity and compliance with D.O.T. requirements.
· Maintain an excellent personal safety record and a clean/safe work environment.
· Performs other duties as required.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Proficient in reading, writing, math and operational logic.
· Have extensive product, customer and equipment knowledge.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Excellent personal safety record.
· Current knowledge of D.O.T. and C.D.L. regulations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Able to handle many/varied details in a pressure situation.
· Self-starter with a very high standard of expectations.
· Positive attitude toward other employees, customers and supervisors.
· Excellent work ethic - punctuality, accuracy and attendance.
· Possess a valid CDL (a plus).
· Must be willing to travel.
· Ability to climb stairs and ladders, reach, squat, tolerate prolonged sitting/standing, balance, bend from trunk, operate mobile equipment, push and pull objects.
· Lift objects of various dimension and weights.
· Ability to operate hand controls with both hands.
· Ability to operate foot controls with both feet.
· Ability to tolerate working outdoors in all environmental temperatures and weather.
· Ability to work in cramped quarters.
· Ability to work in areas with the potential for high noise levels.
· Ability to tolerate working at heights up to 100 feet.
Time is spent between an air conditioned office environment and outside assignments that require periods of work in all weather conditions-heat, cold, wet or dry. May have exposure to dust, sand, gravel, diesel exhaust.
Texas Industries, Inc. - 12 months ago