Support and work in close collaboration with Customer Development Manager analyzing Retail Link data, account planning building and execution, category analysis, customer information requests and tracking retail execution. Utilize findings to make recommendations to CDM, CDO Team and pro-actively identify opportunities to grow and develop Walmart Business. Leverage Colgate Business Planning process/tool to optimize sales, GTN and margin performance.
- The responsibilities for this position are as follows:
- Conduct daily business analysis and monitors consumption and inventory levels per store per item to ensure in stock, shelf presentation and sales optimizatio
- Create and maintain Retail Link Data robust build up to evaluate trends within main business aspects, maximize results/opportunities and anticipate issues
- Formulate specific action plans and recommendations, in conjunction with CDM, to address any problem that may affect objectives
- Ongoing tracking and monitoring of JBP execution
- Support and work collaboratively with CP Customer Service & Logistics and Supply Chain Teams to: ensure maximum effectiveness of forecasting and inventory management initiatives
- Monitor EDI orders frequency and conducts on going analysis of consumption versus plan and forecast
- Communicate regarding any incremental and/or unexpected event that might impact volume
- Revise monthly with Walmart Replenishment Analyst of DDs, forecast and replenishment strategies in system, per item and submit recommendation
- Support CDM in the preparation of a Business Weekly Communication Letter to customer
- Communicate constantly and clearly with Walmart's Buying and Replenishment Teams to identify, solve and provide follow up to day to day business issues: price mismatch, items discontinuations, retail price discrepancies, EDLP execution at stores, retail price changes execution, Buyers POs for special events, items transitions, line extensions, any system and/or store issue, follow up to communication of Events from Home Office (buyers) to Store General Managers (Operations)
- Stretch, constant and clear communication with Walmart's Merchandisers' Team to gather information from the field, address stores issues and track retail initiatives execution
- Strong communication, source of information and synergy with Colgate Multi-functional Team
- Analyse category and assist CDM with information for internal and customer presentations
- Verify new items initiatives flawless execution: activation, distribution and performance tracking. In & Outs and special packs monitoring. Competitive activity information gathering.
- Understand Colgate Brand Strategies & Priorities to support CDM in the synchronization process with Customer Strategies/Priorities by collecting and providing relevant data and information
- Utilize Brand Strategies/Priorities -Colgate Business Planning (CBP) Process - Work with CDM to provide information to aid in development of effective account plans, and follow-up on execution of the approved plans
- Provide information to determine the effectiveness of promotions through post-analysis, and makes recommendations for continuous improvement
- Manage the use of syndicated data integrated with consumer buying behavior to understand basic marketing fundamentals and determine opportunities to expand our business with Walmart
- Provide monthly category/brand updates
- Compile POS, brand and category overviews to support Colgate Planning Process.
- Focus on the basics: market shares, retail pricing, customer support, distribution, market growth/decline on a national basis, then by retail environment and customer
- Evaluate sales, distribution, customer support and execution during promotions versus non promo periods
- B.A./B.S. degree.
- Strong Knowledge of Retail Link and workbench
- Strong Database, analytical & problem solving skills, proficient with Microsoft Office Tools
- Prior experience - 1-3 years in analytical and/or sales related role
- Experience with item level forecasting and customer replenishment systems preferred.
- Language Skills - Bilingual (Spanish/English)
Colgate-Palmolive takes a bite out of grime. The company is a top global maker and marketer of toothpaste and soap and cleaning products....