Tommy Bahama defines relaxed, sophisticated, island-inspired living, with a complete collection of men's and women's sportswear, denim, swimwear, accessories, a complete home collection and restaurants. Tommy Bahama is looking for a qualified Restaurant Manager to join our efforts to create an island lifestyle that inspires the world to relax.
In partnership with the Restaurant General Manager, responsible for restaurant operations and to ensure restaurant team delivers exceptional service experiences to our Guests while exhibiting PARADISE Core Values, and Hospitality Standards.
KEY RESULTS AREAS
EXPERIENCE, TALENT AND EDUCATION
- Create a learning and nurturing environment for all Restaurant Team Members that promotes sales and service success, and internal career growth.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase qualified applicants, including but not limited to proactively recruiting. Thoughtfully hire, develop, and mentor the team.
- Maintain appropriate staff levels.
- Minimize employee turnover rates by focusing on hiring qualified people, taking time to effectively orient new employees, set clear performance expectations, train, coach, and give constructive performance feedback.
- Facilitate implementation of company learning/training programs, follow-up and monitor performance to ensure transfer of learned skills on-the-job.
- Cultivate an environment of open, authentic dialogue with the restaurant team, regional and corporate partners.
- Practice proactive performance management in partnership with the Restaurant General Manager (and HR when necessary) to ensure adherence to employment policies and procedures.
- In partnership with the Restaurant General Manager, assist employees with career development strategies to improve employee retention and build bench strength.
- Manage individual restaurant expenses ensuring budgetary compliance.
- Ensure consistent execution of Company policies and procedures.
- Develop/streamline restaurant processes in partnership with the Restaurant General Manager.
- Manage payroll hours to budgeted payroll percentage.
- Incorporate and administer applicable safety programs for the restaurant, employees, and guests.
- Proactively seek out marketing opportunities/outreach within the community to increase brand awareness and restaurant brand exposure.
- Communicate the Tommy Bahama lifestyle through brand execution, both visual and experiential.
- Ensure employee appearance appropriately reflects the Tommy Bahama brand image.
- Manage upkeep of physical restaurant in partnership with the Restaurant General Manager.
- Responsible for embracing, articulating, and reflecting the Tommy Bahama Culture.
- Influence the team to embrace, articulate, and reflect the PARADISE Core Values.
- Demonstrate the Tommy Bahama PARADISE Core Values in all business decisions and actions.
- Commit to maintain the culture through the evolution of the business.
- Co-manage team meetings with Retail as needed. Ensure restaurant programs and retail programs are consistently communicated and executed between teams.
- Partner with Retail to leverage the retail/restaurant relationship for marketing and sales events, as well as other joint projects to the benefit of the business and Company.
- Partner with Retail on personnel and operational issues that may, from time to time, involve both the restaurant and retail side of the businesses.
- Be receptive to feedback and coaching.
- Possess complete knowledge and enforcement of all food and beverage menus - including ingredients, preparation methods, and presentation.
- Possess complete knowledge, application, and enforcement of all Hospitality Standards.
- Practice proper cash handling and proper operation of the point-of-sale system.
- Other duties as assigned.
Tommy Bahama is full of smart, creative islanders. We support a work hard, play hard culture and hope you are ready for the challenge. We provide excellent compensation packages, including medical/dental/vision benefits, generous clothing discounts, aloha/paid time off, and much more.
- Minimum 5 years hospitality experience
- Minimum 3 years Restaurant Management / Leadership experience
- High School diploma or GED
- Must have current food handler's card and alcohol service certification as required by federal/state/local law
- Extremely strong leadership skills, interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, listening skills, ability to check for understanding after direction is given (follow up,) basic math skills, strong organization skills, ability to multi-task, team builder, proven track record of increasing experience and responsibility.
- Computer based skills - Windows and Microsoft Office based management reporting, Point of Sale System, Internet/Intranet, and Outlook e-mail.
Tommy Bahama - 17 months ago
About Tommy Bahama
Tommy Bahama is part of Tommy Bahama Group, Inc, a wholly owned subsidiary of Oxford Industries, Inc. (NYSE:OXM)....