Beazer Homes is one of the top ten homebuilders in the United States, based on number of homes closed. Our ongoing operations are geographically diversified in 16 states across the country, and our high performance homes, featuring Energy Star® design and construction features, are designed to appeal to homebuyers at various price points across various demographic segments.
Our long-term business strategy focuses on providing our customers with high performance homes, while seeking to maximize our return on invested capital over time. Beazer Homes' legacy includes building homes for America's families for over 50 years - over 100,000 in the last 10 years alone. Beazer Homes has been listed on the New York Stock Exchange since 1994 under the ticker symbol "BZH".
Director, Central Purchasing will report to the Vice President of Operations and may perform or assist in some or all of the following duties and responsibilities.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Oversees all purchasing data entry and coordination of tasks for Company Divisions; ensures lowest total cost of ownership by providing accurate costs in JD Edwards, cost reporting and commodity tracking; assists in generation of accurate estimates for land accusation requests; develops and maintains accurate house cost budgets; minimizes variances.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages a team of Purchasing Systems Directors/Managers and Purchasing Directors/Managers (“Staff”) responsible for accurate data input, related transactional support and national accounts.
- Provides initial and ongoing training, support, direction and management to Purchasing Staff to ensure they are able to successfully perform their duties.
- Provides support, direction and leadership to Purchasing Team Members at all levels and assists them with any questions or problems.
- Works with Staff to develop annual action plans aimed at strengthening operational effectiveness and meets regularly to assess progress.
- Establishes clear performance expectations with Staff and provides them with the support and direction needed to achieve the desired results.
- Conducts regular performance evaluations of Staff and discusses areas of improvement.
- Promptly addresses any performance issues, develops corrective action plans and if necessary, handles terminations.
- Conducts periodic staff meetings, recruits, interviews and hires for direct report position(s).
- Works with the VP, Operations to develop purchasing data entry policies, procedures and implementations.
- Ensures compliance with Purchasing-related best practices and Sarbanes Oxley controls.
- Oversees department reporting such as; commodities, cost per square foot, variances, weekly EPOs, etc.
- Monitors variance data and strategizes with Corporate and Division Management to identify and correct issues.
- Provides support in establishing regional and National Insurance and Construction Management process compliance via the use of Riskmasters and BuildPro/SupplyPro Systems.
- Assists in the identification and implementation of cost-saving techniques, materials and procedures.
- Understands long-range and short-range business plans for all designated locations as they affect Purchasing.
- Continuously increases department efficiency and productivity.
- Monitors departmental overhead costs in relation to total volume of work.
- Coordinates efforts with Regional CFOs as well as Planning and Design to meet division requirements.
- Ensures adherence to profit and loss minimum performance standards and assists Regional CFOs in monitoring the results.
- May assist with Manufacturer and/or Trade Partner issue resolutions (i.e., payment shortage, late payments, etc.).
- Serves as a champion of the Company’s values, mission statement and vision.
- VP, Central Purchasing is responsible for all duties and responsibilities. Director, Central Purchasing may assist in some or all duties and responsibilities.
- Seven to ten years of operations and/or purchasing leadership experience with a major homebuilder.
- A College degree is required, preferably in Accounting, Business, Building Science or Construction Management.
- Excellent management, negotiation, delegation, organizational and analytical skills.
- Experience with AS400/JD Edwards is preferred.
- High level of computer literacy (Excel, Word and PowerPoint required).
Beazer Homes - 18 months ago
Beazer Homes USA builds for the middle-class buyer who's ready to make the move into the white-picket-fence scene. Building homes with...