The Mission Solutions Business Unit provides leading-edge solutions and advisory services to the defense and intelligence communities worldwide. Our technical capabilities and domain expertise support war fighters and planners alike. We help modernize our customers’ systems in an environment that facilitates information sharing. From the evaluation of alternatives to the fusion of data, we offer services and solutions that turn raw data into intelligence, and intelligence into actionable information. Our customers develop some of the most technically and operationally challenging systems and capabilities in the world, and we are proud to be an integral part of their mission.
TASC is seeking an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) to provide support for a program, organization, system, or enclave’s information assurance program; provide support for proposing, coordinating, implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies; maintain operational security posture for an information system or program to ensure information systems security policies, standards, and procedures are established and followed; assist with the management of security aspects of the information system and perform day-to-day security operations of the system; evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information; perform vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support certification and accreditation; provide configuration management (CM) for information system security software, hardware, and firmware; manage changes to system and assess the security impact of those changes; prepare and review documentation to include Systems Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports, Certification and Accreditation (C&A) packages, and System Requirements Traceability Matrices (SRTMs); support security authorization activities in compliance with NSA/CSS Information System Certification and Accreditation Process (NISCAP) and DoD Information Assurance Certification abd Accreditation Process (DIACAP).
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related disciple from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional experience as an ISSO may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
DoD 8570 compliance with IAT Level 1 or higher is required (http://netinfo.proj.nsa.ic.gov/iase.disa.mil/eta/iawip/content_pages/summary_wf_requirements.html)
Active TS SCI w/poly required.
- Five (5) years experience as an ISSO on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- At least one (1) year of experience in knowledge of current security tools, hardware/software security implementation, communication protocols, and encryption techniques/tools
- Evaluating security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information;
- Proposing, coordinating, implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies;
- Maintaining operational security posture for an information system or program;
- Providing support to the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) to maintain the appropriate operational IA posture;
- Developing and maintaining documentation for C&A in accordance with ODNI and DoD policies;
- Developing and updat6ng system security plans and other IA documentation;
- Providing CM for security-relevant information system software, hardware, and firmware
- Assisting with the management of security aspects of the information system and performing day-to-day security operations of the system;
- Developing system security policy and ensure compliance;
- Administering the user identification and authentication mechanism of the Information System (IS);
- Maintaining records on workstations, servers, routers, firewalls, intelligent hubs, network switches, etc. to include system upgrades
TASC - 10 months ago
Founded in 1966, TASC, Inc., helps solve complex national security and public safety challenges by providing advanced systems engineering,...