This position will be responsible for the overall Account Management function for MedInsight clients. This position will be the process owner of the formal account management processes, programs and requirements. You will create and/or refine the MedInsight Account Management process including the development of standard tools and processes, and you’ll monitor the firm’s adherence to such standards and processes. You will work with a team of Strategic Account Managers (SAMs) in helping execute the overall objectives of account management. These objectives include, but are not limited to, generating additional revenue from existing clients (through additional MedInsight solutions or tools), ensuring client satisfaction, expanding the use of MedInsight within existing clients, client retention/renewals and strategic planning. You will also manage account management administrative staff, with such staff being responsible for tasks such as processing/managing BAAs with clients, facilitating change request orders, assisting with accounts receivables, distribution of key client communications, and coordination of client training. Finally, you will manage the deployment of new application, analytic, tool and solution capabilities to the existing client base.
SAMs will consist of either MedInsight personnel or a Milliman consultant from any of the consulting practices throughout the US. The Director of Account Management will work closely with SAMs to ensure the SAMs are meeting or exceeding defined objectives such as the execution of daily, monthly, quarterly and annual account management processes and deliverables. Examples would include the development of an annual strategic account plan for each client as well as performing peer review for all client-facing outputs and deliverables.
The selected applicant will have direct, daily client contact and interaction. Some travel to client locations will be required. Strong client management, project management and organizational skills are required for successful management of MedInsight clients. In addition, a strong, working knowledge of the healthcare analytics market would also enhance the candidate’s ability to succeed in this position.
The position would include any or all of the following:
This position may also perform other related or unrelated duties as assigned by supervisor or as may be required to meet project team goals and objectives.
- Finalize, refine and revisit periodically the Account Management processes and protocols that will govern the Account Management discipline;
- Monitor adherence to standards and processes;
- Work closely with SAMs in deploying our Account Management objectives with clients;
- Communicate consistently with SAMs regarding clients and progress;
- Manage account management administrative staff;
- Create and deploy new application capabilities, analytics, tools and solutions to exiting client base;
- Interact with clients on using MedInsight products (for designated clients not assigned a SAM); and
- Create and manage regular client communication through the MedInsight portal.
- At least 4 years of experience working in a client-facing role in the healthcare field, and technology and health plan experience a plus.
- At least 2 years of management experience overseeing employees.
- A working knowledge of the healthcare analytics industry.
- Ability to work on and organize concurrent projects; strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks with little supervision.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Detail orientation.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer science or related field (healthcare) plus at least four years of proven experience in healthcare analytic or other healthcare technology solutions.
Milliman - 22 months ago
Milliman's consultants aren't exactly thrill-seekers, but they do know a lot about risk. The actuarial and business consulting...